Author Topic: De Novo Dahl  (Read 10270 times)

Bombay Chutney

Re: De Novo Dahl
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2005, 10:41:00 am »
Originally posted by snailhook:
  so the set times will be:

9pm: the hot pipes
 10pm: de novo dahl
 11pm: the small shouts

give or take 15 minutes ...
Do these times still hold for tonight?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 11:10:00 am »
Kosmette and I will be heading to Burma Restaurant for some pre show nosh around 7:30pm.  Anyone heading to the show is welcome to join us.  Although there will be no waiting for a party to form  :)  It's on 6th NW between G & H, near the phone booth center.  

Show Roll Call?
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2005, 12:50:00 pm »
I plan to go, but have a dinner and am not sure I can make it.  But I PLAN to!   ;)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2005, 01:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Suki:

(I do think we should have a warning posted somewhere:  Anyone with an unusual idea/philosophy/taste in music - should be prepared to be bludgeoned by cranky board members who don't agree, and there may be an ugly mob action.  Proceed at your own risk. )

really? it seems to me that unusual tastes in music are widely accepted here, it's the mainstream crap that seems to get shat on.
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2005, 01:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  For me this forum may as well be my Blog and it my serve the same sort of purpose for some of the other regulars as well.  Maybe if some slick Content Management Software (i.e. blog community, wiki, etc) where installed, we could give the forum some "cred" or at least give BigYawn a run for it's money.

here here!

i don't have much experience with this stuff, but i'd certainly pitch in to help out if someone wanted to do something like this ...
(o|o)

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2005, 01:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

(I do think we should have a warning posted somewhere:  Anyone with an unusual idea/philosophy/taste in music - should be prepared to be bludgeoned by cranky board members who don't agree, and there may be an ugly mob action.  Proceed at your own risk. )

really? it seems to me that indie rock tastes in music are widely accepted here, it's anything not indie rock that seems to get shat on. [/b]

eltee

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
  Kosmo:  Don't change!
Sometimes, when I find new music, I take out the Kosmo music gauge-o-meter to determine thumbs up or thumbs down.  :D

snailhook

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2005, 04:39:00 pm »
yup, more or less. de novo dahl will go on closer to 10:15, so that should give you people with dinner plans a few extra minutes to eat dessert.   :p

Bartelby

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2005, 05:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

really? it seems to me that unusual tastes in music are widely accepted here, it's the mainstream crap that seems to get shat on. [/b]
"Unusual" as in anything YOU don't like/agree with/sanction. ..an example being how many board suggestions for your "weekend out" rag you choose to disregard.  Oh yeah, journalistic privilege - not reporter accuracy.  

OH GREAT CARNACK, WHAT WILL BE HOYA'S NEXT POST:  He'll disagree and attack you more for these remarks.

waiting...waiting...BAM!

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2005, 05:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  Show Roll Call?
I'm hoping to come. I have a meeting starting at 7pm, so we will see when I get out -and what my energy level is...

Bags

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2005, 05:20:00 pm »
Speaking of Karnack:

Answer:  930 Club forum

Question:  
 Washington, D.C.: Hi GOGs -- had a quick question about the D.C. "scene." I have some friends, scientists by trade, coming to town in a couple of weeks for a conference. (They're astronomers from the Frosty Drew Observatory up in R.I.) I don't think they care too much about seeing politicos or "the beautiful people" but I wondered if there are places (bars, restaurants, etc.) where "the brilliant people" hang out, like Smithsonian folks, writers, scientists, etc. In short, we're thinking John Bortle, not John Ashcroft or John Riggins. Tks.
 Joe: Well, if you've ever listened to John Riggins on the radio or tv, you'd know he was a pretty witty guy. So, right away, I'm suspicious. Anyway, can you imagine a more insufferable place than one populated by people who think they are brilliant?

Jaguär

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2005, 05:37:00 pm »
I would suggest, up their own asses!   :D

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2005, 05:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by snailhook:

yup, more or less. de novo dahl will go on closer to 10:15, so that should give you people with dinner plans a few extra minutes to eat dessert.    :p  [/b]
Thanks.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2005, 06:26:00 pm »
 "Unusual" as in anything YOU don't like/agree with/sanction. ..an example being how many board suggestions for your "weekend out" rag you choose to disregard.  Oh yeah, journalistic privilege - not reporter accuracy.  

OH GREAT CARNACK, WHAT WILL BE HOYA'S NEXT POST:  He'll disagree and attack you more for these remarks.

waiting...waiting...BAM!
huh?? i appreciated all of the comments i got from everyone, and tried to use as many as i could in my column ... i personally apologize to you for not including your group who is playing in baltimore: a) i try to stick as much as possible to DC and its immediate environs, b) there was a lot of stuff going on this weekend, and the group didn't sound particularly interesting or worth noting

honestly, i appreciate all of your inputs, it helps me out when i'm trying to compile a comprehensive list, and i try to work in as many plugs as i can.
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2005, 10:31:00 pm »

suki, i went back and looked at this and there were 4 shows posted before my deadline ... i included 3 of them in my column ... so what's your rub?
(o|o)