Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2688160 times)

bearman🐻

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #11070 on: Today at 10:48:27 am »
And thankfully I think it only took about 15 minutes to get out of the parking lot. Got there at 8pm, saw Rev. Billy's last song...we ended up in a parking lot that wasn't too crowded, which made getting out relatively easy. Was back home in DC in like 45 minutes I think? Really not awful experience, but I was bracing for something much worse. Was home and in bed by the time the storm hit.

hutch

« Reply #11071 on: Today at 10:50:47 am »
I really couldn't ask for a better, more inspiring show. That was total bucket list for me. It went by so damn fast. Neil sounds pristine, and goddamn he can shred. One of the best concerts I've ever seen. I actually loved the solo acoustic portion...I loved all of it. "Love and Only Love" was just unreal. All of it. "Cinnamon Girl" sounded as perfect as it could ever be. The sound was just incredible. I never thought that I'd get to see a band at this stage of their career and lives put on such an incredible performance. I could have watched them for another hour and still probably felt like it wasn't long enough.

+1
I am still in awe. Just got goosebumps

I swear to god at one point I turned to a stranger sitting next to me and we said to each other “This is just incredible”

And it’s not that Neil is 78. It was incredible period. I feel very blessed to have been there after all these years wanting to see him.

Yada

« Reply #11072 on: Today at 11:18:29 am »
JRaD

« Reply #11073 on: Today at 11:30:09 am »
cromags and helmet...kinda of an early show (doors at 6:30)
which is annoying as I had happy hour plans
and normally I don't mind missing the opener
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #11074 on: Today at 11:36:13 am »
My three Neil Young shows:

First, Crazy Horse, with openers Sonic Youth and Social Distortion:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young-and-crazy-horse/1991/rpi-fieldhouse-troy-ny-3bd1ac38.html

Second, solo with opener Exene Cervenka:

https://www.concertarchives.org/concerts/solo-acoustic-tour-f94a5a7d-2b74-4cfa-b40a-8f8a4715f26a

Third, Crazy Horse with opener Lucinda Williams on July 4 (as a newlywed):

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young-and-crazy-horse/2003/saratoga-performing-arts-center-saratoga-springs-ny-5bd053fc.html

Pure gold.

hutch

« Reply #11075 on: Today at 11:37:40 am »
Nice Space!

Space Freely

« Reply #11076 on: Today at 11:46:45 am »
Nice Space!

Thanks! Distant memories now but all surely lifetime concert highlights. Glad you all got to enjoy him Saturday!

Yada

« Reply #11077 on: Today at 12:19:34 pm »