Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2130050 times)

hutch

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #9270 on: March 26, 2021, 08:55:18 am »
Is there a difference between estate and garage sales?

Just never been into it but I know it’s a lost opportunity... My main thing is I am not into competitive shopping.. I also avoid library sales other than the Arlington one

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9271 on: March 26, 2021, 09:00:51 am »
CORONA LOGIC: A LOCKDOWN TRIBUTE TO SUPER FURRY ANIMALS IN AID OF LLAMAU!

These albums were recorded entirely in lockdown by Welsh or Welsh based musicians at home using whatever means were available to them, creating a rich tapestry of sound paying tribute to the genius music of Super Furry Animals.

https://coronalogic.bandcamp.com/
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #9272 on: March 26, 2021, 09:14:51 am »
Is there a difference between estate and garage sales?

Just never been into it but I know it’s a lost opportunity... My main thing is I am not into competitive shopping.. I also avoid library sales other than the Arlington one

I'm no expert, but estate sales are typically, "everything must go" and garage sales are usually whatever they have in their drive way/garage.

« Reply #9273 on: March 26, 2021, 09:19:17 am »
also with estate sales, someone who has no emotional ties to the items is selling them, they just want to move
garage sales, the people put insane values on sentimental things
slack

hutch

« Reply #9274 on: March 26, 2021, 09:56:20 am »
Ok those are good points!

These days with an 11 and 8 year old I am lucky to have time to go to the record store.. am not saying I do that much with them - hardly- but someone has to be around to make sure they are ok

But I know if I am whining about the increasing cost of buying used records and can’t or won’t go estate sale shopping where they cost less well that’s my own damn fault...

So am back to where I started which is I am probably done buying much used vinyl...

If anything I am beginning to let go of some of my records.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9275 on: March 26, 2021, 09:59:30 am »
black midi

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9276 on: March 26, 2021, 10:09:17 am »
Ok those are good points!

These days with an 11 and 8 year old I am lucky to have time to go to the record store.. am not saying I do that much with them - hardly- but someone has to be around to make sure they are ok

But I know if I am whining about the increasing cost of buying used records and can’t or won’t go estate sale shopping where they cost less well that’s my own damn fault...

So am back to where I started which is I am probably done buying much used vinyl...

If anything I am beginning to let go of some of my records.

This is in NoVa and has rekkids!  https://www.estatesales.net/VA/Vienna/22180/2799153   

« Reply #9277 on: March 26, 2021, 10:27:09 am »

I mean don't you own every release at this point.  I think your house's foundation is starting to sag ;)
slack

hutch

« Reply #9278 on: March 26, 2021, 10:30:54 am »
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young/1971/dorothy-chandler-pavillion-los-angeles-ca-1bd11568.html

The late 1970-early 1971 Neil Young solo acoustic tour is awesome .. here we find Neil performing songs that would be recorded for Harvest...one track would eventually land on On the Beach..songs from After the Gold Rush... the CSNY single Ohio..

I think this is the final show from that tour

Obviously Massey Hall is the best known performance from this tour..and now Young Shakespeare is coming out (today)... he should just put out the entire tour

This particular show I have a bootleg of.. maybe the best known Neil bootleg? I am sure one day Neil will release it officially ...the bootleg like most acoustic solo shows recorded in winter has a lot of coughing from audience... still a must hear
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 10:41:28 am by hutch »

Yada

« Reply #9279 on: March 26, 2021, 10:53:47 am »

Yada

« Reply #9280 on: March 26, 2021, 01:01:39 pm »

https://open.spotify.com/album/6xNd6Z3HmfXSL2nu8DHDbl?si=DeIlBxmvTKqKQfnLIajdPg

No profits were given to Neil in the listening of this album.

Just two months after the release of his seminal album After The Gold Rush, Neil Young played a solo show at The Shakespeare Theater, Stratford, CT on January 22 1971. The show was filmed and recorded, and the concert shown on German TV later in 1971. In 2020, while Neil and his team were reviewing his Archive for future projects, Neil re-visited the 16mm film and audio recording of this show that had been preserved in the Archive for almost 50 years. Piecing together the tapes and footage, Neil realized that he had the full concert – the film of which is the earliest live footage of Neil performing that is known to exist. Neil has written on NYA that this show is“superior to our beloved “Massey Hall”. A more calm performance, without the celebratory atmosphere of Massey Hall, captured live on 16mm. “Young Shakespeare” is a very special event. To my fans, I say this is the best ever.” As an insight into Neil’s prolific song writing at the time, the concert features two songs from the recently released After The Gold Rush but four songs from the classic Harvest album that was still over a year away from being released. The wonderful set list also includes acoustic renditions of favorites such as “Ohio”, “Cowgirl In the Sand”, “Helpless”, “Down By The River” and “Sugar Mountain”. The ancient analog tapes have been lovingly restored – resulting in (as Neil says on NYA) “one of the most pure sounding acoustic performances we have in the Archive”. This beautiful concert is being released on LP and CD, plus a deluxe boxed edition that includes both LP and CD and, for the first time ever, a DVD of the concert. Young Shakespeare is being released almost exactly 50 years after the original performance.

hutch

« Reply #9281 on: March 26, 2021, 01:04:18 pm »
This is amazing...a month after Shakespeare

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U6vp1EMnqho&list=RDU6vp1EMnqho&start_radio=1

Obviously incredibly rare high quality footage

« Reply #9282 on: March 26, 2021, 05:08:36 pm »
https://youtu.be/GjjkqCW28iY

Mixmag & Coors present... 20 DJs. 3 tracks each. A worldwide b2b featuring Carl Cox, Seth Troxler, Charlotte De Witte, SHERELLE, Kerri Chandler, Jamie Jones and more. Set a reminder and see you there. Full line up hit 'show more'.

Full Line up (in alphabetical order):
Carl Cox
Charlotte De Witte
Danny Tenaglia
David Morales
Fatboy Slim
Fat Tony ft. Raven Mandella
Hot Since 82
Jaguar
Jamie Jones
Jeremy Underground
Kerri Chandler
Kitty Amor & Sef Kombo
Nastia
Nicole Moudaber
Pete Tong
Seth Troxler
SHERELLE
Shimza
SYREETA
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9283 on: March 26, 2021, 06:55:10 pm »
^ some big names in there... nice lineup.
<sig>

WALKonBack

« Reply #9284 on: March 26, 2021, 08:15:23 pm »
I have come to the conclusion that sometimes Peaches can be excellent at what they do and sometimes Peaches can be really, interesting, in what they do.  Their new song pussy mask is a fine example of the, latter.