Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2124444 times)

killsaly

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #2700 on: June 17, 2013, 10:47:54 am »

http://gileadmedia.bandcamp.com/album/untitled-2
False - Untitled
Nice Black Metal From 2011, pay what you want at bandcamp.  2 tracks. 12 minutes each. 

killsaly

« Reply #2701 on: June 17, 2013, 01:14:23 pm »

http://etxe.bandcamp.com/album/night-and-the-city-etxe04
Silo Halo - Night and the City (2012 release)

stevewizzle

« Reply #2702 on: June 18, 2013, 01:07:49 pm »

autre ne veut - anxiety

totally loving gorilla vs. bear for turning me onto this.

http://open.spotify.com/album/6oIjUe8jYSmhzZUzbjjiqt

K8teebug

« Reply #2703 on: June 18, 2013, 02:39:31 pm »
The new Kanye.  He's a douche, but his music sure is good.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2704 on: June 18, 2013, 04:44:53 pm »
ive never listened to a kanye song willingly, except for that one golddigger thing, which was, like jay z big pimping good, and thats good.  but for some reason, his personal person ruins any chance of me wanting to take him seriously.  i hate the fact that it is true, but it sure still feels fine to be ok that it is true.

Yada

« Reply #2705 on: June 18, 2013, 04:46:40 pm »
ive never listened to a kanye song willingly, except for that one golddigger thing, which was, like jay z big pimping good, and thats good.  but for some reason, his personal person ruins any chance of me wanting to take him seriously.  i hate the fact that it is true, but it sure still feels fine to be ok that it is true.

I agree with Walky. Also, I did used to love dancing around plastic couches at Kingpin to "all falls down" prior to it burning down.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2706 on: June 18, 2013, 04:53:22 pm »
go listen to this, instead.  good times.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2707 on: June 18, 2013, 07:17:14 pm »
http://www.stereogum.com/1384682/fuck-buttons-the-red-wing-video/video/

how is it a band called fuck buttons . . . can make it in todays society, any society for that matter?  the music/video is very good; they have that going for them.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2708 on: June 24, 2013, 10:26:00 am »
Angeline Morrison - Are You Ready Cat.

Perfect summertime soundtrack with it's light and breezy 60's samba influences
T.Rex

killsaly

« Reply #2709 on: June 24, 2013, 10:47:52 am »
I have a question for those who were gushing over the Warm Soda record.  Do you approve of the mastering of it?  I dont know if maybe it is what they had on bandcamp, but basically I think it is almost not listenable.   The songs are very catchy.  But the mix balance is WAY off.  Horrible mastering. NO BOTTOM END/BASS at all.  ALL highs/Treble.  Really sounds like garbage.  I was wondering if maybe you all had the vinyl release or the itunes release and maybe one of those had a more balanced mix with more of the frequency spectrum present...

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2710 on: June 24, 2013, 11:20:28 am »
I have a question for those who were gushing over the Warm Soda record.  Do you approve of the mastering of it?  I dont know if maybe it is what they had on bandcamp, but basically I think it is almost not listenable.   The songs are very catchy.  But the mix balance is WAY off.  Horrible mastering. NO BOTTOM END/BASS at all.  ALL highs/Treble.  Really sounds like garbage.  I was wondering if maybe you all had the vinyl release or the itunes release and maybe one of those had a more balanced mix with more of the frequency spectrum present...

I noticed that too and didn't buy it for that reason. It's the band's fault. Bandcamp only accepts WAV and FLAC uploads; all download formats are generated from those uploads. Other than file conversion, Bandcamp doesn't alter the uploads at all (at least AFAIK).
😐 🎶

killsaly

« Reply #2711 on: June 24, 2013, 12:39:04 pm »
I didnt mean that bandcamp altered anything.  I mean they could submit a different master to bandcamp than they did to iTunes or physical release.  Technicolor Teeth did it with their last release (and they said the iTunes one was better).

And then maybe one of those was better than the Zero low end version i bought. 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2712 on: June 24, 2013, 01:14:05 pm »
I didnt mean that bandcamp altered anything.  I mean they could submit a different master to bandcamp than they did to iTunes or physical release.  Technicolor Teeth did it with their last release (and they said the iTunes one was better).

And then maybe one of those was better than the Zero low end version i bought. 

Gotcha. Perhaps iTunes has additional criteria for the quality of submitted masters.

As for Warm Soda, it's as if they uploaded an RIAA-EQ'ed master (the actual signal cut into the vinyl master) instead of one not EQ'ed. But that would be weird since the RIAA signal is generated between the master playback and the cutting head (again, at least AFAIK).
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #2713 on: June 24, 2013, 01:20:38 pm »
the big lebowski

slappy

« Reply #2714 on: June 24, 2013, 03:20:28 pm »