Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2676221 times)

killsaly

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #4560 on: November 12, 2012, 10:56:11 am »
That does not sound awful.  That sounds like the DIY spaces in Baltimore that are in warehouses where people also live and practice their own music and make their own art.  What would be awful about that?  No bar?  Hipsters?  Musicians?  Artists?

hutch

« Reply #4561 on: November 12, 2012, 10:59:52 am »
I wish I had a cheap ticket to see the Two.... been hearing great things about them on this tour..

possible shows are

david johansen today at hamilton
bobby bare jr at iota on tuesday
conor oberst at warner on thursday
nrbq at state theatre on sunday

but all doubtful.. except maybe nrbq on sunday....they'll have the horns with them which will be a nice change of pace from the last two times i saw them..

atomicfront

« Reply #4562 on: November 12, 2012, 01:07:00 pm »
That does not sound awful.  That sounds like the DIY spaces in Baltimore that are in warehouses where people also live and practice their own music and make their own art.  What would be awful about that?  No bar?  Hipsters?  Musicians?  Artists?

Some of the places in Baltimore sell beer. I think mostly Nattie Boh.  But you can bring in your own beer.  The only problem I ever have with these places is the bathroom situation. As they only have one bathroom things can back-up.  Usually a few bucks to get in and you can bring your own alcohol so what is not too like?  I guess most of them also allow smoking.  That could be a negative.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #4563 on: November 12, 2012, 01:10:47 pm »
Heart @ DAR.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4564 on: November 12, 2012, 01:13:44 pm »
are folks taking walkies seriously on this?  the guy complains that visiting DC = automatic mugging and stabbing.  anything outside his cabin is automatically the apocalypse.  y'all been trolled.
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4565 on: November 12, 2012, 04:06:40 pm »
Magnetic Fields, Saturday at 6&I

I'm totally turning into that old guy who just goes and sees his favorite 90s bands when they come through town.
(o|o)

atomicfront

« Reply #4566 on: November 12, 2012, 04:22:46 pm »
Magnetic Fields, Saturday at 6&I

I'm totally turning into that old guy who just goes and sees his favorite 90s bands when they come through town.

Well magnetic fields are still puting out stellar albums.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4567 on: November 12, 2012, 04:24:35 pm »

hipster kids + arty kids + questionable music - bars with good alcohol =  awful

atomicfront

« Reply #4568 on: November 12, 2012, 04:28:44 pm »

You can bring your own alcohol.  So if there is no good alcohol it is your own fault. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4569 on: November 12, 2012, 04:36:09 pm »
bring your own drinks to a show?

odd.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4570 on: November 12, 2012, 04:59:41 pm »
In Baltimore, you can also bring your own pot.
That is still frowned upon in the DC DIY spaces now although it was not that way always.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #4571 on: November 12, 2012, 09:19:56 pm »
are folks taking walkies seriously on this?  the guy complains that visiting DC = automatic mugging and stabbing.  anything outside his cabin is automatically the apocalypse.  y'all been trolled.
No, Ive been using the internet long enough to understand how it works.  But i will ask questions to someone who makes statements against things I like, and doesnt give good reason.

Music is subjective. I would guess that a lot of people would find your musical tastes questionable.

People like to throw out the hipster label.  Just liking non-mainstream music doesnt make a person a hipster. Nor does going to shows at DIY venues.

Arty = creative and smart usually.

Not everyone drinks.  Not everyone likes to have to be around a bunch of drunk people while they watch bands.  If you absolutely need to be drunk to watch your favorite bands, they might suck.  You might also have a problem.

(trolling response, dont really care btw)

azaghal1981

« Reply #4572 on: November 12, 2012, 11:49:04 pm »
Yeah pretty much all of that.

So that Pharmakon set was pretty damn intense for anybody into that sort of thing.
احمد

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #4573 on: November 13, 2012, 01:43:45 am »
Wed 11/14 - Dysrhythmia @ Golden West
Sat 11/17 - probably that black metal show at the El Caracol
Sun 11/18 - Magnetic Fields @ 6th & I

lily1

« Reply #4574 on: November 13, 2012, 10:23:35 am »