Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2676107 times)

atomicfront

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #5310 on: June 24, 2013, 01:46:24 pm »
So is that Franz Ferdinand did with their ticket prices?

no Kosmo..what Franz Ferdinand did is say if you live in DC you have to pay double if you live in Philly..

Stones prices are constant in every market. Honestly I really dont' care if people on this board hate the Stones but I was tryin to explain what they're doing with the pricing... if you want to hate them go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yada, to answer what you wrote... the fact there are empty seats showing means nothing..theyv'e sold many many $85s and they can fill them in with those.... looking unlikely any more $85 releases.. both Philly shows had none close to date etc.. basically the $85s give them a lot of flexibility.. they will have some walk up purchases today and they will fill the rest with $85s..having said that the thing to watch for are the $150s... there may be some pretty good seats released today for $150 (seats that used to be $600 or $300)...

anyways i ain't going myself...but those that do enjoy it!

Franz Ferdinand has different promoters playing different venues.   Rolling Stones has same promoter both playing huge sports arenas.  Promoters can charge whatever they want.  Franz Ferndinand is still a lot cheaper than the Stones at a better venue.  If people don't want to pay for the prices artists are charging they will lose money but at least they aren't charging 30 bucks and then selling the actual tickets to scalpers so you can't get any at 30 bucks and have to pay money on stubhub.  They are being honest what the ticket prices are and you can either buy them or not.  Seems fair to me. 

hutch

« Reply #5311 on: June 25, 2013, 08:43:22 am »

no Kosmo..what Franz Ferdinand did is say if you live in DC you have to pay double if you live in Philly..

Stones prices are constant in every market. Honestly I really dont' care if people on this board hate the Stones but I was tryin to explain what they're doing with the pricing... if you want to hate them go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yada, to answer what you wrote... the fact there are empty seats showing means nothing..theyv'e sold many many $85s and they can fill them in with those.... looking unlikely any more $85 releases.. both Philly shows had none close to date etc.. basically the $85s give them a lot of flexibility.. they will have some walk up purchases today and they will fill the rest with $85s..having said that the thing to watch for are the $150s... there may be some pretty good seats released today for $150 (seats that used to be $600 or $300)...

Franz Ferdinand has different promoters playing different venues.   Rolling Stones has same promoter both playing huge sports arenas.  Promoters can charge whatever they want.  Franz Ferndinand is still a lot cheaper than the Stones at a better venue.  If people don't want to pay for the prices artists are charging they will lose money but at least they aren't charging 30 bucks and then selling the actual tickets to scalpers so you can't get any at 30 bucks and have to pay money on stubhub.  They are being honest what the ticket prices are and you can either buy them or not.  Seems fair to me. 

this argument about the promoter is a bit disingenous... ultimately the promoter offers them certain money based on what they can get... just like the Stones are responsible for high ticket prices so Franz is responsible for the disparity in prices between Philly and DC..

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5312 on: June 25, 2013, 09:36:57 am »
My FF post was in Jest...
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #5313 on: June 25, 2013, 09:50:14 am »

this argument about the promoter is a bit disingenous... ultimately the promoter offers them certain money based on what they can get... just like the Stones are responsible for high ticket prices so Franz is responsible for the disparity in prices between Philly and DC..

If you were an artist I am sure you would take the most money you could get from a reputable promoter.  Basically it is the audience that sets the prices.  If a promoter like Seth can't fill an arena after he pays a band and he does this a consistent basis he will go out of business.  The Stones can get the money they get becuase their fans are old and have a lot of money and go to a very limit amount of shows.  The band and Seth are trying to make as much money as possible off the show.  If they could sell out the show charging 500 dollars a ticket they would. 

hutch

« Reply #5314 on: June 25, 2013, 10:26:34 am »

If you were an artist I am sure you would take the most money you could get from a reputable promoter.  Basically it is the audience that sets the prices.  If a promoter like Seth can't fill an arena after he pays a band and he does this a consistent basis he will go out of business.  The Stones can get the money they get becuase their fans are old and have a lot of money and go to a very limit amount of shows.  The band and Seth are trying to make as much money as possible off the show.  If they could sell out the show charging 500 dollars a ticket they would. 

oh I agree with that...

hutch

« Reply #5315 on: June 25, 2013, 10:27:38 am »
My FF post was in Jest...

that joke isn't funny anymore..its too near the bone...

dyecraig

« Reply #5316 on: June 25, 2013, 08:52:39 pm »
John Grant @ U st. this Saturday - my 1st time there.
Saw him on Jools Holland last week - very cool - the new cd cool as well.

killsaly

« Reply #5317 on: June 29, 2013, 02:32:57 pm »
Sunday - locrian at metro gallery
Tuesday - no Paris
Saturday - the mantles, Juan wauters, foul swoops, expert alterations at club k
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:50:24 pm by killsaly »

azaghal1981

« Reply #5318 on: June 30, 2013, 03:26:52 pm »
All of Killsaly's (Saturday up in the air) and add
either Glenn Jones or Dead Mellotron Wednesday
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #5319 on: June 30, 2013, 03:46:22 pm »
If you need a ride for Saturday, just let me know.  Also for Tuesday I will probably not stay for the whole thing.. Maybe but i might leave after No Paris if I end up staying in DC after work.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5320 on: June 30, 2013, 05:11:25 pm »
Yeah I think that is a hella late start. Also just realized that that is the same spot as Mig Bar.
احمد

jrho

« Reply #5321 on: July 01, 2013, 08:50:51 am »
Harry Connick, Jr at Wolf Trap on Friday

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #5322 on: July 01, 2013, 11:39:23 am »
I was at Deafheaven last night.  Not sure what's on the schedule for this week.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5323 on: July 02, 2013, 01:13:29 pm »
Oh duh and Squarepusher on Sunday!
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #5324 on: July 06, 2013, 01:57:22 pm »
Saturday - the mantles, Juan wauters, foul swoops, expert alterations at club k
Tonight!!!

I only have one definite for the upcoming week and a few maybes.

Definitely:
Highspire/Ceremony at Golden West on Wednesday

Maybe:
WWE Monday Night Raw at 1st Mariner
Raindeer/Holy Ghost Party Double release party at the Crown on Thursday
Teething Veils Release party at Judys on Friday