Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2675977 times)

hutch

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #5460 on: July 24, 2013, 12:39:12 pm »
I enjoyed Dylan's set....I think the biggest applause of the night was She Belongs To Me....damn, that was great.

yeah good point... good point..

I loved being close up but man it was hot.. can't they speed up those fans??? :)

It was really smelly inside the pavilion too.  Maybe they applied fertilizer recently?   

ha ha... it  was smelly! in the pit people were farting left and right... they need to ban burritos or something at MPP

i tell you it takes a lot for me to put up with all that shit

brennser

« Reply #5461 on: July 24, 2013, 12:58:12 pm »
given how much 9.30 has improved their beer offerings at the club I was shocked at the lack of options and the parade of mediocre beer - pricy too - $12 for a tallboy of Corona  :o

a side note: i went to 932 just as MMJ was ending and was really dissapointed by the beer selection...stella, shocktop and two really shitty beers.. also corona cans..that semeed about it.. i'm not a beer snob but i was expecting more...

i do consider myself a beer snob, and i'm with ya - the beer selection overall at MPP is bad.  goose island IPA is the best thing there, IMO, and it was tasting a little old at the B&S show.

i'm probably in the minority and i'm sure they sell a ton of beer as-is, but i'd really welcome some better craft beer options.  at B&S i wanted to drink another beer but there was nothing worthwhile... so i held on to my money.

Yada

« Reply #5462 on: July 24, 2013, 01:03:02 pm »
Confession: I was drinking bud light lime the last time I was at MPP.  ::)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5463 on: July 24, 2013, 01:35:45 pm »
given how much 9.30 has improved their beer offerings at the club I was shocked at the lack of options and the parade of mediocre beer - pricy too - $12 for a tallboy of Corona  :o
right!  i'm hoping these comments make it up to those who can do something about it...

then again, MPP is about being big & moving a lot of product: lots of people, lots of tickets, lots of beer; so maybe cheap swill has been the plan all along.  go to 930 if you want intimate & quality, go to MPP if you want big and loud.

you've just been un-invited to the next bottle share.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #5464 on: July 24, 2013, 01:40:49 pm »
right!  i'm hoping these comments make it up to those who can do something about it...

then again, MPP is about being big & moving a lot of product: lots of people, lots of tickets, lots of beer; so maybe cheap swill has been the plan all along.  go to 930 if you want intimate & quality, go to MPP if you want big and loud.

the only thing i can think of is that they are making a much higher profit margin on that swill.... i just had figured 932 would have good stuff cause its sort of an oasis... and that they would have been cool with having a good beer there...

atomicfront

« Reply #5465 on: July 24, 2013, 01:55:57 pm »
Domestic Beer: Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra Light, Bud Light Lime, Budweiser American Ale
 Import Beer: Stella Artois, Becks, Corona, Bare Knuckle Stout, Shock Top, Copperhead Ale, Starr Hill

I guess I would get the Copperhead Ale from this list. 

hutch

« Reply #5466 on: July 24, 2013, 01:59:54 pm »
Domestic Beer: Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra Light, Bud Light Lime, Budweiser American Ale
 Import Beer: Stella Artois, Becks, Corona, Bare Knuckle Stout, Shock Top, Copperhead Ale, Starr Hill

I would have taken the Copperhead or Starr if they'd had them at 932... honestly my priority was positioning myself for the music not walking around the venue searching for something I wanted to drink...

I think I'm going back for New Order and that may be it for me for a while unless they get something good for Virgin Freefest..

I don't think I'd been back to Merriweather since Wilco in 2011... it is a hike for me!

but the beer selection I saw was no better than the much maligned Nissan

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5467 on: July 24, 2013, 02:02:11 pm »
Last time I was there I chose Makers Mark in lieu of shitty beer.

Yada

« Reply #5468 on: July 24, 2013, 02:06:36 pm »

Coming off a three day bender + stoned to the bejebus + terrible beer selection in general + 100 degrees in the pavilion = something to keep my mouth wet.

atomicfront

« Reply #5469 on: July 24, 2013, 02:14:07 pm »
Last time I was there I chose Makers Mark in lieu of shitty beer.

Worst mistake I ever made at MPP was convincing Vodka stand woman to give me 24 oz of Vodka for 8 bucks. 

James Ford

« Reply #5470 on: July 24, 2013, 02:15:09 pm »
Starr Hill an import? I guess some people consider Virginia a foreign country.

hutch

« Reply #5471 on: July 24, 2013, 02:29:39 pm »
Starr Hill an import? I guess some people consider Virginia a foreign country.

;D

I definitely consider anything in Virginia outside of Northern Virginia a foreign country!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5472 on: July 24, 2013, 02:35:22 pm »
I only live 30 minutes away from Merriweather. I feel the same way with Wolf Trap....glad they don't have anyone interesting playing there this year.  8)

I don't think I'd been back to Merriweather since Wilco in 2011... it is a hike for me!

(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #5473 on: July 24, 2013, 02:37:56 pm »
I only live 30 minutes away from Merriweather. I feel the same way with Wolf Trap....glad they don't have anyone interesting playing there this year.  8)

My thoughts on Wolftrap and Nissan too... I've been a combined total of three times in 11 years.

shemptiness

« Reply #5474 on: July 24, 2013, 02:43:17 pm »
Did anyone visit the VIP deck?  Thoughts?  I wish there was a perch where you could actually see the band live and not have to rely on monitors.  But I must say - each time I go to MPP I notice additions/improvements large and small which I hadn't seen before.