Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2676158 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #5685 on: August 28, 2013, 12:01:54 pm »
nice....there were only about 50 people max at the Baltimore show

did they poll at the door?
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #5686 on: August 28, 2013, 12:04:10 pm »
No poll
oword

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5687 on: August 28, 2013, 12:07:16 pm »
take note azaghal, maybe it's time to go back to dc9
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #5688 on: August 28, 2013, 12:08:58 pm »
Maybe once they get another booker who treats bands fairly.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #5689 on: August 28, 2013, 04:12:30 pm »

Saturday 4:30 PM till...
Chester Endersby Gwazda, Boister, the Lollipops, Wing Dam, Moss of Aura, Celebration (if I dont leave at 11PM I will also go to J.Ek and Chiffon but that is doubtful).
Saturday schedule was changed a bit, so I updated mine.
Outer Spaces, Chester Endersby Gwazda, the Lollipops, Rapdragons, Raindeer, Wing Dam, Moss of Aura, Celebration.

Unsanity

« Reply #5690 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:06 am »
I told you all earlier this year that Diarrhea Planet would take over the world.

Sadly, they took a lot of people who would've been at The Coathangers show away. In a perfect world, both bands would have been on the same bill at Comet. The Coathangers, Teen Liver and Dudes was still a fun time.

I totally spaced on the Diarrhea Planet gig. Damn. So the Coathangers are good now? I saw them as an opening act once (I forget who) and it was one of the worst drunken messes I have ever seen on stage. My buddy saw them open for ...Trail of Dead whenever that was and pretty much told me the same thing. Good for them getting their act together.

I think I'm down for ScapeScape on Sunday. For me, that is hands down the best day.

killsaly

« Reply #5691 on: August 29, 2013, 10:08:01 am »
If you go to Sunday, what bands are you trying to watch? Here is my Sunday schedule (was a few pages back)

Hopefully if time permits (A Guide to Rational Living, Soul Cannon, Television Hill), and definitely Sri Aurobindo, Arbouretum, Mt Royal, Roomrunner, Horse Lords. 

I personally feel like Saturday is the strongest for my tastes, but Sunday is great too.  Friday is also really strong, but sadly I cant go to any of it...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5692 on: August 29, 2013, 10:12:29 am »
Pure Bathing Culture tonight
Scapescape Friday/Saturday
Made in America - Sunday with NIN, QOTSA, Miguel...and Diarrhea Planet
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #5693 on: August 29, 2013, 10:19:23 am »
I told you all earlier this year that Diarrhea Planet would take over the world.

Sadly, they took a lot of people who would've been at The Coathangers show away. In a perfect world, both bands would have been on the same bill at Comet. The Coathangers, Teen Liver and Dudes was still a fun time.

I totally spaced on the Diarrhea Planet gig. Damn. So the Coathangers are good now? I saw them as an opening act once (I forget who) and it was one of the worst drunken messes I have ever seen on stage. My buddy saw them open for ...Trail of Dead whenever that was and pretty much told me the same thing. Good for them getting their act together.

I think I'm down for ScapeScape on Sunday. For me, that is hands down the best day.

Yeah, they were pretty together.
احمد

Unsanity

« Reply #5694 on: August 30, 2013, 01:49:20 am »
If you go to Sunday, what bands are you trying to watch? Here is my Sunday schedule (was a few pages back)

Hopefully if time permits (A Guide to Rational Living, Soul Cannon, Television Hill), and definitely Sri Aurobindo, Arbouretum, Mt Royal, Roomrunner, Horse Lords. 

I personally feel like Saturday is the strongest for my tastes, but Sunday is great too.  Friday is also really strong, but sadly I cant go to any of it...

Sunday for me is very similar to yours. Only I will see Deaf Scene as well. If you like post-rock instrumental stuff you should check them out. I will also try to see Whoarfrost. I love seeing Arbouretum and look forward to finally seeing Sri Aurobindo, Roomrunner and Horse Lords live.

sonickteam

« Reply #5695 on: August 30, 2013, 09:33:07 am »
Pure Bathing Culture tonight

sometimes i love that Baltimore shows are not well attended....sometimes it annoys me.  last night annoyed me.   good show though i thought. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5696 on: August 30, 2013, 09:37:11 am »
sometimes?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5697 on: August 30, 2013, 09:42:40 am »
what was annoying about it?

thought they were very good.
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #5698 on: August 30, 2013, 10:23:12 am »
Sunday for me is very similar to yours. Only I will see Deaf Scene as well. If you like post-rock instrumental stuff you should check them out. I will also try to see Whoarfrost. I love seeing Arbouretum and look forward to finally seeing Sri Aurobindo, Roomrunner and Horse Lords live.
If I can get to Baltimore early enough, I will definitely check out Deaf Scene.  Not sure how early I will actually be able to get there.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:25:46 am by killsaly »

bearman🐻

« Reply #5699 on: August 31, 2013, 01:13:32 pm »
QOTSA & NIN tomorrow in Philly