Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2675851 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #7590 on: September 09, 2015, 11:36:10 am »
ohh nice, I'll look for you   8)

for the first time in like forever, i have something to contribute here:

Godspeed/Xylouris White tomorrow

me too!  does anyone else still go to GYBE shows, or is it only the perennially uncool like Vas and myself?

(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7591 on: September 09, 2015, 12:05:03 pm »
does anyone else still go to GYBE shows, or is it only the perennially uncool like Vas and myself?

I would be going if I could, and I lost my cool a long time ago.

further proof that only the uncool attend.  or worse yet, would like to attend but don't thus further contributing to their uncoolness.  or maybe by staying away from the hoard of uncools that swarm at GYBE shows, they're actually increasing their cool?  or are they just not adding to their uncoolness?  this is getting so complicated...

whatever.  i'll be there, i'll be uncool, and hopefully Vas won't hump my leg.  looking forward to it.  mostly.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7592 on: September 09, 2015, 12:57:07 pm »
Ummmmm no, I just have a marathon this weekend and I don't want to lose sleep or get hungover/dehydrated.  This whole running thing has really put a crimp in my near constant concert attendance.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7593 on: September 09, 2015, 01:10:35 pm »
have you considered doing "the running man" at concerts?  two birds with one stone... actually, three: it would further make you look uncool.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7594 on: September 09, 2015, 01:57:34 pm »
have you considered doing "the running man" at concerts?  two birds with one stone... actually, three: it would further make you look uncool.
Jaded introduces the one-man, in-place, GwarBQ marathon in 2016!
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7595 on: September 09, 2015, 02:14:23 pm »

Well, I did attempt the hokey pokey once, but got sucked into the mosh pit.  That did not end well.

« Reply #7596 on: September 09, 2015, 02:18:57 pm »
I did the Marsha Brady for a solid 4 songs in a row at Dan Deacon a few weeks back. It's always a winner.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7597 on: September 09, 2015, 02:22:58 pm »

i would contribute financially to make this happen. 

edit-  just came up with a fourth benefit: by running at the show, you would be burning off the beers you're drinking because, hey, it's a rock concert so of course you're going to have a beer or three.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:25:48 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

« Reply #7598 on: September 09, 2015, 02:32:45 pm »

edit-  just came up with a fourth benefit: by running at the show, you would be burning off the beers you're drinking because, hey, it's a rock concert so of course you're going to have a beer or three.
I just thought it was implied he'd drink Oderus Ale the entire time and end up passing out. It's like a sequel with the exact same ending as the first film.
LVMH

« Reply #7599 on: September 09, 2015, 02:33:35 pm »
I also will throw money at this.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #7600 on: September 09, 2015, 02:49:03 pm »
I'd be willing to crowdsource an entry to the Rock-n-Roll Marathon DC...though I vowed to never run that race ever again. 

« Reply #7601 on: September 09, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »
I'd be willing to crowdsource an entry to the Rock-n-Roll Marathon DC...though I vowed to never run that race ever again. 
Is it just a marathon with bands playing along the route? That's not funny. Will you do it wearing nothing but a diaper? I don't understand the hook.
LVMH

« Reply #7602 on: September 09, 2015, 03:09:34 pm »
I did the Marsha Brady for a solid 4 songs in a row at Dan Deacon a few weeks back. It's always a winner.
I wish I had the skills to insert Jules head in there...but just imagine it there
slack

« Reply #7603 on: September 09, 2015, 03:13:33 pm »
^^ That's right. Dancing ironically is a great cover for not being able to dance.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #7604 on: September 09, 2015, 03:20:59 pm »
/