Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2690727 times)

James Ford

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #4365 on: September 27, 2012, 10:51:33 am »
Sholdn't you guys be over in the "post show banter" thread?

hutch

« Reply #4366 on: September 27, 2012, 11:02:06 am »
Sholdn't you guys be over in the "post show banter" thread?

correctamundo but do let us know your wallflowers thoughts..

azaghal1981

« Reply #4367 on: September 27, 2012, 11:43:19 am »
I always thought that thread was a bit unnecessary since we posted reviews in here for the last four years and nobody expressed any issues with it.

The new Saint Vitus album is pretty great. Looking forward to tonight. First time seeing Weedeater in a while.
احمد

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #4368 on: September 27, 2012, 12:25:07 pm »
Crocodiles on Saturday

K8teebug

« Reply #4369 on: September 27, 2012, 02:13:00 pm »

killsaly

« Reply #4370 on: September 27, 2012, 02:29:35 pm »
Have you seen Crocodiles live yet?  I saw them as openers in 2009 and they were really boring.  Maybe they are better now, but at that gig they looked uninterested and didnt really seem to put anything into the performance (other than wearing cool sunglasses and swaying a bit).  I dig their recorded output and would be willing to give them another chance, but that show left a lot to be desired. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #4371 on: September 27, 2012, 02:56:44 pm »
Was that the Ladytron show? I liked it.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #4372 on: September 27, 2012, 03:10:01 pm »
No, Holy F*ck.

The music was fine, I was basing my assessment off of the performance. 

Also, copied from showlistdc.com, a breakdown of artists and venues for the upcoming STPP Fest (Oct 5-7)

Friday
? STPP Fest: Adrian Krygowski Trio, Wytold, Tiffany Thompson, the Black Sparks, Ladle Fight, Ben Shirley & the Slabs of Raw Wail Meat - Columbia Station [2325 18th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Club Scout, Peanut Butter, Mokey Doris, Brenda, North of Canada, Emmett Williams - Dahlak [1771 U St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Dangerosa, Surgery Dot Com, the Escape Artist, the Sea Life, Go Cozy, Color School, Left on Vermont - Mellow Mushroom [2436 18th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Drop Electric, Yeveto, Color Films, Castles, Double Saginaw Familiarity, the Horror the Horror - New York Avenue Beach Bar [645 New York Ave NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Normal Rockwell, We Were Pirates, Pompeii Graffiti, Dear Creek, Redline Addiction, Sweet Interference, J Street - Mood Lounge [1318 9th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Paperhaus, Maple, th Dead Women, Pity Rally, Bells and Hunters, Josh Urban, the Fed - Black Squirrel [2427 18th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Shat Shorts, Caustic Casanova, Get A Tan, Glitterlust, G.U.T.S., Tristan Reid & the Teenage Grief, Catching Dragons - Ghion [2010 9th St. NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Stereosleep, Watermelon, Black Checker, the Mean Ideas, Harmonic Blue, Constant Alarm - Old Dominion Brewhouse [1219 9th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: the Highballers, the Weathervanes, David Klinger, Matt Tarka, Rachel Levitin, Harris Face - Secret Lounge [1414 9th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Typefighter, the Torches, SweetBread Jim's - Club Heaven and Hell [2327 18th St NW, WDC]

Saturday
? STPP Fest: Bad Sound, Selah Selah, Bird Call, the Hill and the Wood, Deerpeople, Big Fat Marker - Columbia Station [2325 18th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Conveyor, DEERPEOPLE, Gary B & the Notions, Cartright, Presto Bando, DelaSante, Holy Fingers, Sun Club, Footwerk, Kabob-O-Taj - Mood Lounge [1318 9th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Dani Elliott, Gold Spur, Brook Pridemore, Their Planes Will Block Out the Sun, and more TBA - Dahlak [1771 U St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Inkahootz Presents Silent Disco, Lila, Time Columns, Nelsonvillians, Starfish Prime, Jaabs, Henbrain, I Was Totally Destroying It, Coyote Campus, Stephen and the Hawkings - New York Avenue Beach Bar [645 New York Ave NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Motor Skills, Kid is Qual, Il Albanico, Friend Roulette, the Snowy Owls, Hoax Hunters, Whoarfrost, the Garbers, Hannah vs. the Many, Machine Gun Mustache, the Duskwhales - Black Squirrel [2427 18th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Ravenous, Kuf Knotz, Luray, and more TBA - Club Heaven and Hell [2327 18th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Special People, My Empty Phantom, Writer, Graph Rabbit, Hectorina, th eYawpers, the Parlor Soldiers, the Judy Chops - Desperados Burgers and Bar [1342 U St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Sprayer, Disarmer, Cinema Cinema, the N'ere Dowells, Oh Condor, the Demon Beat, Me and This Army, Balkan Falcon, Cannons, the Blue Rajas, Northern most, War on Women, the Mostly Dead, Toy Store Riot - the Codmother [1334 U St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: the Big Green Cherry and more TBD - Ghion [2010 9th St. NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: WAZU, Fake Babies, Revolution I Love You, Southwork, Tito Ramsey, the Van Allen Belt, Johnny Staxx and the Durty Boyz, Bern & the Brights, the Jones - Old Dominion Brewhouse [1219 9th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Zulu Pearls and more TBA - Secret Lounge [1414 9th St NW, WDC]
? STTP Fest: Dead Leaf Echo, the Foreign Resort, Arbouretum, Eula, Koshari, Free Electric State, Drowning Dreams, Modern Man, the Tweeds, Death Valley Rally, Invisible Days, Think Tank OK, Shattered Darlings & Liquid Kisses - Mellow Mushroom [2436 18th St NW, WDC] (Everything Louder than Everything Else Showcase)
? STTP Fest: PG Six, Erik Satie's Furniture Music (an extended rock orchestra), Dwight Smith, Ttotals, Myty Konkeror, Source of Yellow, Closely Watched Trains - Velvet Lounge (Twin Lakes Records Showcase)
? STTP Fest: the Eeries, Passing Phases, the Pussy Dogs, the Sniffs - Casa Fiesta [4910 Wisconsin Ave NW, WDC] (Tenley Empire Showcase)
? STTP Fest: Young Rapids, Dog Bite, Adventure, and the Interest Group - Comet Ping Pong (Paw Tracks / Car Park Showcase)

Sunday
? STPP Fest: ((S*5)), Showpony, Bounder, the Rumble, Seamonster, Amy Lettis, Uglyography, Cherry Tree - Black Squirrel [2427 18th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Bravenoise and more TBA - Old Dominion Brewhouse [1219 9th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Denizens of Washington, 7 Door Sedan, Peter Maybarduk, Blackpool Holiday, Timberwolves, JE double F, the Understudies, Alleghany St., Leify Green, Mike Novak - New York Avenue Beach Bar [645 New York Ave NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: House & Home, Ashley Brooke Toussant, Margaret and Anders - Desperados Burgers and Bar [1342 U St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Ms. Fridrich, Nita Chawla, the Dusty Stars, Elena & Los Fulanos - Columbia Station [2325 18th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Razormaze, Low Fat Getting high, Invisible Hand, Loud Springs, Gangland Buries Its Own, Invaluable, Oswald, the Stents, Treeforts, Visit, the Spots, Gage, Cinema Cinema - the Codmother [1334 U St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: the Spots, Holly Would, Rogue Mind, Burma Jones, Three Red Crowns, Gallons to Ounces, Awkward Snail, the Crme - Mood Lounge [1318 9th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Ugly Purple Sweater, My Pet Dragon, Suburban Living, KNTRLR, Rozwell Kid - Club Heaven and Hell [2327 18th St NW, WDC]
? STPP Fest: Zulu Pearls, Mittenfields, Wild Fruit, Clair Morgan, Left & Right, the Barrens - Ghion [2010 9th St. NW, WDC]
? STTP Fest: Monster Museum, Earthquake Party, Ocean Versus Daughter, the Lost Civilizations experimental music project, Technicians, Divining Rod, Electric Low, the Fire Tapes, Pluto and the Moon - Mellow Mushroom [2436 18th St NW, WDC]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:30:47 pm by killsaly »

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #4373 on: September 27, 2012, 04:03:38 pm »
Also, copied from showlistdc.com, a breakdown of artists and venues for the upcoming STPP Fest (Oct 5-7)

whoa you guys are really on top of my listings-- I just posted those last night.  There were still a lot of TBDs on the STPP Fest site.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4374 on: September 27, 2012, 04:05:27 pm »
are Crocodiles the band that used a drum machine?  yep, they were boring.

Was that the Ladytron show? I liked it.

(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #4375 on: September 27, 2012, 04:22:58 pm »
Yes. Two guys, two guitars, and one drum machine.
whoa you guys are really on top of my listings-- I just posted those last night.  There were still a lot of TBDs on the STPP Fest site.
Of course!

azaghal1981

« Reply #4376 on: September 27, 2012, 04:25:08 pm »
You (Joe) are boring.

Trying to rally for tonight.
احمد

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #4377 on: September 27, 2012, 09:36:23 pm »
Yes. Two guys, two guitars, and one drum machine.

They're a 3-piece now, FWIW. 

Driveway

« Reply #4378 on: September 27, 2012, 10:41:22 pm »
I'm starting to wonder if the afghan whigs are going to be playing to an empty room.  There are hundreds up for grabs on craigslist for less than face value.  It'll be a great show anyways

wml7

« Reply #4379 on: September 27, 2012, 10:50:49 pm »
Jack white charlottsville tonite
 ;D