Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2690944 times)

killsaly

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #5940 on: October 06, 2013, 08:16:16 pm »
Thursday - Colleen Green/White Fang/Crimes/the Memories at the Ottobar
Friday - Chuck Palaniuk "Doomed" Adult Bedtime Stories Tour, and afterwards heading to 2640 for Neutral Milk Hotel/Elf Power
Two Maybes for Sunday - possibly St Vitus/Pallbearer/Hookers/Iron Man at Metro Gallery or Dub Fest with Winks/Sandwiches/ Zensual at the Crown
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:18:03 pm by killsaly »

shemptiness

« Reply #5941 on: October 06, 2013, 08:23:54 pm »
Couldn't pass up a 2 fer for FoW, Dando and Soul Asylum Wed night.

gavroche

« Reply #5942 on: October 06, 2013, 10:34:27 pm »
I generally like when they make tickets non-transferable because it makes it harder to scalp, but it means my Neutral Milk Hotel Ticket is going to waste.  Terrible timing for a work trip to pop up.

Friday - Chuck Palaniuk "Doomed" Adult Bedtime Stories Tour, and afterwards heading to 2640 for Neutral Milk Hotel/Elf Power
Two Maybes for Sunday - possibly St Vitus/Pallbearer/Hookers/Iron Man at Metro Gallery or Dub Fest with Winks/Sandwiches/ Zensual at the Crown

atomic

« Reply #5943 on: October 06, 2013, 11:37:58 pm »
I generally like when they make tickets non-transferable because it makes it harder to scalp, but it means my Neutral Milk Hotel Ticket is going to waste.  Terrible timing for a work trip to pop up.

Photoshop it.  Put the person's name you want to give it to on the ticket print out and there you go. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5944 on: October 07, 2013, 11:39:02 am »
NMH on Saturday then seeing Black Girls (really good RVA band) afterwards.
LVMH

gavroche

« Reply #5945 on: October 07, 2013, 12:38:54 pm »
Actually quite doable probably.  I hadn't really thought about it.  I'm going to see if they will transfer it, or maybe just reissue to someone else of their choosing.  Mostly just bummed I'm not going to get to go.

Photoshop it.  Put the person's name you want to give it to on the ticket print out and there you go. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5946 on: October 07, 2013, 12:40:11 pm »
they have a master list ..... they will match the name on the ticket to their list.

that's what they did at the Jeff Mangum show (same venue).
(_|_)

atomic

« Reply #5947 on: October 07, 2013, 12:41:31 pm »
they have a master list ..... they will match the name on the ticket to their list.

that's what they did at the Jeff Mangum show (same venue).

Weird.  Lincoln Theater didn't even look at the name on my ticket (which I got on Stubhub for 30 bucks).   I guess the communists running 2640 space care about these things more. 

THis week for me:

Juinp - Ottobar
Neutral Milk Hotel - 2640 Space
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:43:44 pm by atomic »

emmanuel

« Reply #5948 on: October 07, 2013, 04:03:23 pm »
Anyone has an extra spot (1 person) for NMH in Baltimore? Or the names are already on all tickets and not just the person who bought the tickets?

I tried to get tickets, but I when I got to the checkout page, I learned that MissionTix does not sell to non-US addresses. Now that I am working a few meters from the venue, I am still upset that I can't go (but yes, I have a ticket for the Washington show).

atomic

« Reply #5949 on: October 07, 2013, 06:35:49 pm »
Maybe if you explain that you are a communist like them they will let you into the show.

I was going to do my usual bring flask into 2640 space and buy a coke and then poor liquor into coke.  But it says on their site they will kick you out if you bring alcohol in.   I don't want to kicked out of the show.  Hmm oh the choices we have to make in life.

gavroche

« Reply #5950 on: October 07, 2013, 06:52:30 pm »
Names are already on all tickets.

Anyone has an extra spot (1 person) for NMH in Baltimore? Or the names are already on all tickets and not just the person who bought the tickets?

I tried to get tickets, but I when I got to the checkout page, I learned that MissionTix does not sell to non-US addresses. Now that I am working a few meters from the venue, I am still upset that I can't go (but yes, I have a ticket for the Washington show).

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5951 on: October 07, 2013, 07:44:49 pm »
Maybe if you explain that you are a communist like them they will let you into the show.

I was going to do my usual bring flask into 2640 space and buy a coke and then poor liquor into coke.  But it says on their site they will kick you out if you bring alcohol in.   I don't want to kicked out of the show.  Hmm oh the choices we have to make in life.

It is *possible* to enjoy a concert without alcohol or drugs.

atomic

« Reply #5952 on: October 07, 2013, 09:13:34 pm »

I don't know if it is possible but I don't want to find out.

hutch

« Reply #5953 on: October 07, 2013, 10:08:10 pm »

I don't know if it is possible but I don't want to find out.

POTW

to quote walkie:

BOOM

emmanuel

« Reply #5954 on: October 08, 2013, 11:32:20 am »
Names are already on all tickets.

Ok. Then I guess it won't work if I look for a +1 ticket at the venue...