Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2690722 times)

Rogue Riderhood

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #7185 on: January 13, 2015, 02:16:32 pm »
Well, the one I really want is:

no jog wheel; just faders and knobs

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-controllers/traktor-kontrol-s8/

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #7186 on: January 13, 2015, 02:17:45 pm »
I meant to post a picture of the S8 earlier... My bad.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7187 on: January 13, 2015, 03:00:43 pm »
I think there's 2 different kinds of "DJ's"... One is a Turntablist [scratching and scratch routines, beat juggling, etc.] and the other is a Selecter [mixing songs together very well, in key, and creating off the cuff mixes and mash ups]. I think the word "DJ" is thrown around TOO much today. I consider myself a selector, because I can't really scratch all that well. I still use turntables and what not. There's a million controllers now because actually buying DJ equipment is HELLA expensive. Just about everywhere I play already has equipment, so I think I'm lucky. I started on turntables and transitioned to CDJs. I've seen dozens of people who SUCK at DJing and it's a real shame. Not that DJing had a great name, but it sucks when someone brings up me being a DJ, when they know nothing about it, and just think I hit play and Dubstep happens lol. Comes with the territory though.

Thanks, EDM.
The thing about my guy is he isn't even a selector. He literally just makes a playlist, hits play, and wears giant headphones and yells "come on people, lets get on the floor now!" between songs. If he was actually crossfading songs or doing mashups, I'd have no problem with him calling himself a DJ, I just think it's hilarious how "big" he is into it and how little effort he actually puts forth.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7188 on: January 13, 2015, 03:26:39 pm »
I'm creating a playlist for the Super Diamond show ;)
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7189 on: January 13, 2015, 03:30:29 pm »
Translation the Guardians of the Galaxy mixtape plus Dirtbombs
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7190 on: January 13, 2015, 03:58:15 pm »
I think there's 2 different kinds of "DJ's"... One is a Turntablist [scratching and scratch routines, beat juggling, etc.] and the other is a Selecter [mixing songs together very well, in key, and creating off the cuff mixes and mash ups]. I think the word "DJ" is thrown around TOO much today. I consider myself a selector, because I can't really scratch all that well. I still use turntables and what not. There's a million controllers now because actually buying DJ equipment is HELLA expensive. Just about everywhere I play already has equipment, so I think I'm lucky. I started on turntables and transitioned to CDJs. I've seen dozens of people who SUCK at DJing and it's a real shame. Not that DJing had a great name, but it sucks when someone brings up me being a DJ, when they know nothing about it, and just think I hit play and Dubstep happens lol. Comes with the territory though.

Thanks, EDM.
The thing about my guy is he isn't even a selector. He literally just makes a playlist, hits play, and wears giant headphones and yells "come on people, lets get on the floor now!" between songs. If he was actually crossfading songs or doing mashups, I'd have no problem with him calling himself a DJ, I just think it's hilarious how "big" he is into it and how little effort he actually puts forth.
Yeah, that's lame. Hence me thinking the word "DJ" just gets thrown around way too much. Diluting the product! Any shmo with a speaker and a playlist is a "DJ" now! Terrible!
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7191 on: January 13, 2015, 03:59:39 pm »
Well, the one I really want is:

no jog wheel; just faders and knobs

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-controllers/traktor-kontrol-s8/
I like playing with controllers, but... literally playing with them. They have some fun gadgets on some of them. I hate using them to play shows though. The sound isn't as great and you usually have to ramp up sound to get it to sound like straight CDs or going through Serato/Traktor box. But this is cool if you're just gonna be playing tunes around!
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #7192 on: January 13, 2015, 04:13:31 pm »
Did you watch the videos about the S8?  The remixing on the fly capabilities are beyond cool.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #7193 on: January 13, 2015, 04:35:51 pm »
its called roll call people. Move along with your fancy gadget bullshit.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7194 on: January 13, 2015, 04:37:52 pm »
Did you watch the videos about the S8?  The remixing on the fly capabilities are beyond cool.
I didn't. I can't at work. I'll scope it later. The new CDJ 2000s have crazy loop features on them too. On TOP of that the new Pioneer mixers are insane. There's no reason any DJ shouldn't be doing cool, live shit using their turntables and mixers. I'll look into this though!
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #7195 on: January 13, 2015, 04:39:24 pm »

Why are you posting in here?  You have not went to a show in two years.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #7196 on: January 13, 2015, 04:43:09 pm »
to hear your responses. Why else?

hutch

« Reply #7197 on: January 13, 2015, 04:52:12 pm »

Why are you posting in here?  You have not went to a show in two years.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #7198 on: January 13, 2015, 05:11:32 pm »
Your point? 

hutch

« Reply #7199 on: January 13, 2015, 05:14:30 pm »
Your point? 

I am going to have to let you go Killsally or whatever you're calling yourself this week.. you're really putting our relationship through the ringer..one minute you say you won't talk to me..the next you do..then you don't..then you send me hate mail.. then you do again..just when i think we're fine again you don't talk to me again....then more hate mail... the relationship whiplash is killing (pun intended) me..I will speak about you in the third person from now on.

She does not know how to speak English apparently...