Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2694681 times)

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #10275 on: March 08, 2022, 10:01:51 am »
WET LEG!
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10276 on: March 08, 2022, 10:07:01 am »
The Lathums and Red Rum Club

Enjoying the recent Red Rum Club album of late, should be a fun show
T.Rex

GAY,GUY

« Reply #10277 on: March 08, 2022, 10:25:27 am »
So mad, I have to give up my Animal Collective ticket, because of fucking covid.

I'm going, to kill Covid.

Why?

Got it on Saturday.  Still feel awful today.  Even though I hate people, I don't want to take any chances being around others.  And, I fucking refuse to wear a mask while at a concert.  Fuck that, noise.

« Reply #10278 on: March 08, 2022, 10:28:36 am »
  Even though I hate people
I will say masks at concerts definitely make me not want to go and 100% make me not buy drinks.  I know it's the world we lived in (hopefully we are on the other side of this)
And clearly, while you hate people, it's a mild hate that is still concerned for their well being, so that's progress
slack

Yada

« Reply #10279 on: March 08, 2022, 10:35:00 am »
I will say masks at concerts definitely make me not want to go and 100% make me not buy drinks.  I know it's the world we lived in (hopefully we are on the other side of this)
And clearly, while you hate people, it's a mild hate that is still concerned for their well being, so that's progress

I will say, I went to Goose (pretty boring show) last week, not to be confused with Geese. There were probably seven people wearing masks, approximately 97% men in attendance, very high rate of pear shaped bodies.

« Reply #10280 on: March 08, 2022, 10:39:32 am »

I will say, I went to Goose (pretty boring show) last week, not to be confused with Geese. There were probably seven people wearing masks, approximately 97% men in attendance, very high rate of pear shaped bodies.
at Bonobo (or whatever his name is) at the club, 5%  wearing masks, staph 100%.  The audience make up had 3 times the female quota as well and most attendees' BMI was in check as well as their follicles...so hutch and I stood out like sore thumbs (well, maybe just me)
slack

Yada

« Reply #10281 on: March 08, 2022, 10:58:45 am »

at Bonobo (or whatever his name is) at the club, 5%  wearing masks, staph 100%.  The audience make up had 3 times the female quota as well and most attendees' BMI was in check as well as their follicles...so hutch and I stood out like sore thumbs (well, maybe just me)

For the first time in 20+ years, I actually went to the basement bar and had a beer during the show. It was quite nice... that show actually encouraged me to sell my Spoon tickets. I don't think I ever want to attend a sold out 930 club show again (after animal collective).

« Reply #10282 on: March 08, 2022, 11:01:22 am »
I don't think I ever want to attend a sold out 930 club show again (after animal collective).
can't say I'll hold that line, but it definitely seems MORE packed than in the past at these sold out shows
love the back bar and have gone there many a show to get some space
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10283 on: March 10, 2022, 03:23:18 pm »
T.Rex

« Reply #10284 on: March 10, 2022, 03:30:57 pm »
welp, that's about all I can take, I need to speak with the manager about this
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #10285 on: March 10, 2022, 04:02:32 pm »

For the first time in 20+ years, I actually went to the basement bar and had a beer during the show. It was quite nice... that show actually encouraged me to sell my Spoon tickets. I don't think I ever want to attend a sold out 930 club show again (after animal collective).

I know I'm beatin a dead horse still talking about this, but I'm really wishing I had bought a Richmond (still not sold out) Spoon ticket like I had planned, instead of a 9:30 ticket.

I once spent part of a show drinking in the basement bar. It was a Medeski, Martin, and Wood show that a hippie girlfiend dragged me to. (She saw that I was less than thrilled with the show and granted me permission to go downstairs.)

Yada

« Reply #10286 on: March 10, 2022, 04:06:06 pm »

I know I'm beatin a dead horse still talking about this, but I'm really wishing I had bought a Richmond (still not sold out) Spoon ticket like I had planned, instead of a 9:30 ticket.

I once spent part of a show drinking in the basement bar. It was a Medeski, Martin, and Wood show that a hippie girlfiend dragged me to. (She saw that I was less than thrilled with the show and granted me permission to go downstairs.)

Similar scenario last week... free goose ticket... approximately 3rd tier on the hamband scale. I will sell, a 60 minute ipa on tap tasted delicious.  I have a hard time hanging in the basement bar when it's a band I like/paid to see.

Bagley

« Reply #10287 on: March 11, 2022, 03:19:52 pm »
Geese- tomorrow

pre game-  Right Proper

Vas- you up for the show?

Starsky

« Reply #10288 on: March 11, 2022, 04:35:04 pm »
Gosling

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10289 on: March 11, 2022, 05:57:53 pm »
Self Esteem in Brooklyn last night

No to Geese - have not heard of them but they have a good opener.. Jawbox is tomorrow.  Wet Leg tonight with challenged.

Animal Collective - Sunday

Geese- tomorrow

pre game-  Right Proper

Vas- you up for the show?
(_|_)