Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241501 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6630 on: March 29, 2016, 03:28:15 pm »
uhh... i'm kinda speechless about your wife's daytime offers of intimacy, so i'll focus on:

But damnit, it's KBS on draft.

last time i had KBS on draft was 2 or 3 years ago with brennser and stevewizzle.  we were somewhat underwhelmed.  it was hot, the alcohol heat hid the finer points of the beer.  i'm more excited about the sweet repute and better half.

assuming that KBS bottles will be about $10 each (maybe $30 a four pack if lucky), imma gonna hafta think long and hard about whether or not it's worth the price.

I last had KBS at the big pre-Savor Founders/Fremont event at Meridian Pint last year. KBS came in a respectable third to CBS and Bournon Abominable. But I had no complaints.

I managed to get an intact four pack last year for $20, as well as a couple of singles for about $6.50. Ah, have to love the cheaper prices of the burbs. But last year I was off for Spring Break with my daughter the week it was released. This year I'll be at work all week, where I can't bring beer into the building, so doubt I'll get any.

I *think* I've had Ill Repute and Better Half, though I sort of lose track...both excellent.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:32:03 pm by Space Freely »

Space Freely

« Reply #6631 on: March 29, 2016, 03:54:08 pm »
I guess Stone Brewery in Richmond had their soft-opening of their new facilities this afternoon. . .

Looks like the brewery itself won't be brewing beer until June/July, and the brewpub won't open for another couple years...

Any word on the street when the Veil will open?

I also saw that the Answer is expanding...great...we'll have even more space to ourselves the next time we're there. Been there twice, huge space, amazing beer (theirs and others), but completely empty both times.
They're saying "brewed in RVA" beer by May, apparently. Yes, its just the tasting room that's open.

I can ask someone more in the know re: Veil.

Looks like they're doing their first brew tomorrow...

https://www.facebook.com/theveilbrewing/photos/a.895152767235572.1073741829.829480530469463/957663150984533/?type=3&theater

Opening day for the Veil is 4/16. Will definitely check it out the next time we're in Richmond. That guy has cred to burn.

medeski7

« Reply #6632 on: March 29, 2016, 03:54:40 pm »
Does anyone know when KBS will hit stores?  I've still not tried it and would love to get some.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6633 on: March 29, 2016, 05:39:39 pm »
I last had KBS at the big pre-Savor Founders/Fremont event at Meridian Pint last year.

savor = mid-june, so the KBS was 3 or 4 months old at that point... likely helped, if there was any alcohol heat.  but maybe there was none, maybe that one year when i had it on draft was an exception.  it's never tasted hot in the bottle to me.

i think o got two singles last year, forget how much but it was definitely more than $6.50... probably closer to 9. 
<sig>

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #6634 on: March 30, 2016, 11:59:02 am »
uhh... i'm kinda speechless about your wife's daytime offers of intimacy, so i'll focus on:

But damnit, it's KBS on draft.

last time i had KBS on draft was 2 or 3 years ago with brennser and stevewizzle.  we were somewhat underwhelmed.  it was hot, the alcohol heat hid the finer points of the beer.  i'm more excited about the sweet repute and better half.

assuming that KBS bottles will be about $10 each (maybe $30 a four pack if lucky), imma gonna hafta think long and hard about whether or not it's worth the price.

I remember doing a KBS vertical awhile back. Then we had a '13 BCBS and it blew all of the KBS away. I just had another BCBS '13 at a friend's house a few weeks ago and it was perfection.

Yada

« Reply #6635 on: March 30, 2016, 01:04:44 pm »

« Reply #6636 on: March 30, 2016, 06:56:46 pm »
yet another beer to cash in on the vinyl craze

like the name/logo of their new Belgian-Style Tripel
not sure how it will taste tho

Join us on Tuesday March 1st at 5 PM for the tapping of the new beers joining the lineup, the Romantic Chemistry and Beer To Drink Music To
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6637 on: March 30, 2016, 08:15:03 pm »
"Craze"

walk,on,by

« Reply #6638 on: March 30, 2016, 08:59:19 pm »
Speaking of great Lakes, i just bought chillwave.  I hope it is good.  And stone, enjoy by 4 / 20.

Space Freely

« Reply #6639 on: March 30, 2016, 09:11:37 pm »
Speaking of great Lakes, i just bought chillwave.  I hope it is good.  And stone, enjoy by 4 / 20.

Let us know which of those two you prefer. Strong preference here for Enjoy By, though Chillwave is ok.

Tonight we'll be splitting a Victory at Sea if my kid ever goes to bed.

Tomorrow it will be a MD vs VA DIPA faceoff....Union Double Duckpin vs. Champion Fruitbasket.

Space Freely

« Reply #6640 on: March 30, 2016, 09:15:43 pm »
this past weekend's brew-a-thon was brought to me by Undercover Shutdown Ale, Space Dust and Duvel... and a few homebrews (takes some to make some).

Had a single of the Shutdown Ale...all of those high abv Lagunitas kind of run together for me so I'm not sure if i've had that one before or not...but I really liked it. May have to get more, though it's not really a Spring/Summer beer.

Yada

« Reply #6641 on: March 31, 2016, 09:34:49 am »

I think it was 2014 that I drank a ton of chillwave and loved it... last year every time I saw a six pack around the city it was already 60 days old, so I typically passed.

I haven't drank an enjoy by in a few years, rubbish.

Space Freely

« Reply #6642 on: March 31, 2016, 09:44:28 am »

I think it was 2014 that I drank a ton of chillwave and loved it... last year every time I saw a six pack around the city it was already 60 days old, so I typically passed.

He complains about the lack of freshness of one DIPA, then pans the one nationally distributed DIPA that is bound to be fresh on 3/30/16. Some people are just whiners. Go drink some wine, whiner.  ;)

Yada

« Reply #6643 on: March 31, 2016, 10:07:03 am »

He complains about the lack of freshness of one DIPA, then pans the one nationally distributed DIPA that is bound to be fresh on 3/30/16. Some people are just whiners. Go drink some wine, whiner.  ;)

Because that "fresh" DIPA tastes like shit!

walk,on,by

« Reply #6644 on: March 31, 2016, 10:25:56 am »
I enjoy this banter.  it makes me want to go have a beer, at ten thirty in the morning.  I just noticed, the clock on here has finally, caught back up.