Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241423 times)

hutch

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7080 on: June 30, 2016, 01:04:00 am »

oh he's just somewhat busy with life.. he'll be back... he went to the Cure last week and even bought me two beers!!!! which was fair cause he drank my entire six pack on the way up!
Drank 4 of the 5 beers...it was a two hour drive and I did think it was a 6 pack
(thinking I left you two)

had to ruin my story didn't ya...

Space Freely

« Reply #7081 on: June 30, 2016, 07:44:23 am »

oh he's just somewhat busy with life.. he'll be back... he went to the Cure last week and even bought me two beers!!!! which was fair cause he drank my entire six pack on the way up!
Drank 4 of the 5 beers...it was a two hour drive and I did think it was a 6 pack

Open container in moving vehicle? Wow, good jobs guys. That's pretty white trash of y'all.

hutch

« Reply #7082 on: June 30, 2016, 08:27:48 am »

Open container in moving vehicle? Wow, good jobs guys. That's pretty white trash of y'all.

Thanks man we work hard to earn your approval!

;D ;D ;D

I didn't have an open container of my own but my passenger did...

Space Freely

« Reply #7083 on: June 30, 2016, 08:42:08 am »

;D ;D ;D

While that may fly in our great white-trash redneck  state of Virginia, it doesn't in Maryland.

Open Containers in Vehicles
While the federal government can?t directly legislate open container laws they can create incentives for states to implement these laws on their own. The Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (Tea-21) sets out certain guidelines for states to follow in order to receive roadway funding. If the state fails to comply, a portion of the funding will go to alcohol awareness. All but 11 states have an outright ban on open containers in vehicles. Alaska, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Wyoming have partial bans whereas Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Mississippi, Missouri, Virginia, and West Virginia actually allow passengers to drink.

http://opencontainerlaws.com/

Yada

« Reply #7084 on: June 30, 2016, 08:49:35 am »

Space would prefer to have a handful of tasters at a bar and then drive home from there!

hutch

« Reply #7085 on: June 30, 2016, 08:52:19 am »

;D ;D ;D

While that may fly in our great white-trash redneck  state of Virginia, it doesn't in Maryland.

While the federal government can’t directly legislate open container laws they can create incentives for states to implement these laws on their own. The Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (Tea-21) sets out certain guidelines for states to follow in order to receive roadway funding. If the state fails to comply, a portion of the funding will go to alcohol awareness. All but 11 states have an outright ban on open containers in vehicles. Alaska, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Wyoming have partial bans whereas Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Mississippi, Missouri, Virginia, and West Virginia actually allow passengers to drink.

wow and I thought it was illegal everywhere for passengers in moving vehicles.. I note Connecticut, Delaware, Alaska and Wyoming.....they don't seem very white trash to me..

Does this law only apply to "moving vehicles" btw?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7086 on: June 30, 2016, 09:01:55 am »
I note Connecticut, Delaware, Alaska and Wyoming.....they don't seem very white trash to me..

you clearly haven't spent much time in those 4 states...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7087 on: June 30, 2016, 09:03:44 am »

;D ;D ;D

While the federal government can?t directly legislate open container laws they can create incentives for states to implement these laws on their own. The Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (Tea-21) sets out certain guidelines for states to follow in order to receive roadway funding. If the state fails to comply, a portion of the funding will go to alcohol awareness. All but 11 states have an outright ban on open containers in vehicles. Alaska, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Wyoming have partial bans whereas Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Mississippi, Missouri, Virginia, and West Virginia actually allow passengers to drink.

wow and I thought it was illegal everywhere for passengers in moving vehicles.. I note Connecticut, Delaware, Alaska and Wyoming.....they don't seem very white trash to me..

I'm no lawyer, but I know how to google.

http://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/open-container-parked-car-514787.html

We're daytripping to Rehoboth this weekend, so I'll report back on the Delaware white trash situation. We last went two years ago, and I seem to recall plenty of white and minority trash on the boardwalk, if bad tattoos and Looney Tunes t-shirts are accurate indicators of trashiness.

And Alaska? Come on. They elected Sarah Palin. Enough said.

hutch

« Reply #7088 on: June 30, 2016, 09:06:01 am »

;D ;D ;D

I'm no lawyer, but I know how to google.

http://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/open-container-parked-car-514787.html

We're daytripping to Rehoboth this weekend, so I'll report back on the Delaware white trash situation. We last went two years ago, and I seem to recall plenty of white and minority trash on the boardwalk, if bad tattoos and Looney Tunes t-shirts are accurate indicators of trashiness.

And Alaska? Come on. They elected Sarah Palin. Enough said.

oh I know how to google but I got you to do it for me... ;D

hutch

« Reply #7089 on: June 30, 2016, 09:16:02 am »
I take that back Space.. that was some crap google search you did.. get your act together.

;D ;D ;D

I have to be honest...  I don't like to get busted so I like to know what it is... BUT some laws I don't care about breakin'.....other things I really care about: for example using a cell phone while driving or internetting while driving.. i see people doing this all the time and it drives me crazy.... or driving ultra carefully and maintaining a lot of space behind the car in front of me...  that stuff is important to me.. but a guy drinking in my car while I drive.. no, that does not matter to me.. I don't even consider it white trash.. just smart... when you're heading to a concert you got to pre-party...

brennser

« Reply #7090 on: June 30, 2016, 12:37:23 pm »
Alchemist in Stowe opened today

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7091 on: June 30, 2016, 12:52:12 pm »

thanks for the heads-up. i'll be hitting it in august.

edit: today is the soft opening, true opening tomorrow, more on their blog.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:00:43 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7092 on: June 30, 2016, 12:54:40 pm »

thanks for the heads-up. i'll be hitting it in august.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7093 on: June 30, 2016, 01:04:15 pm »
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7094 on: June 30, 2016, 01:13:19 pm »
LVMH