Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2122533 times)

hutch

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #4020 on: August 02, 2015, 09:41:59 pm »

big youth - dread locks dread
sounds like today's weather.
chants over burning spear's 'marcus garvey' track - classic.

screaming target is probably my album of the summer..

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4021 on: August 03, 2015, 10:34:24 am »
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #4022 on: August 03, 2015, 02:42:23 pm »
The Commodores and Cure Mashup

Easy Heaven
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #4023 on: August 03, 2015, 04:59:45 pm »
Romantic States - ST
https://dztapes.bandcamp.com/album/romantic-states

I cant wait to see them again (at Windjammer opening for Future Islands/Beach House, etc). 

hutch

« Reply #4024 on: August 04, 2015, 12:02:07 pm »
I finally picked up the new g love album (from 2014)

so I put it in my car and up comes this song come up man..it was so disorientingcause I've heard it in the Cadillac ads but never realized it was g love....and since I put it on after a houndog taylor cd I was like "wait , is this still the houndog taylor"? 

great song btw..

Yada

« Reply #4025 on: August 04, 2015, 12:38:51 pm »

so I put it in my car and up comes this song come up man..it was so disorientingcause I've heard it in the Cadillac ads but never realized it was g love....and since I put it on after a houndog taylor cd I was like "wait , is this still the houndog taylor"? 

great song btw..

I don't think I've listened to a G Love song since he went full white boy hip hop. I can't imagine it bringing much ROCK, Hutch.

walk,on,by

« Reply #4026 on: August 04, 2015, 12:45:52 pm »
g love . . . music for when you first became a pot head.

hutch

« Reply #4027 on: August 04, 2015, 01:32:39 pm »

great song btw..

I don't think I've listened to a G Love song since he went full white boy hip hop. I can't imagine it bringing much ROCK, Hutch.

definitely not hip music..

a few years ago I dug out my old coast to coast and it rekindled a connection...then I bought all his records

by the way coast to coast was produced by jim Dickinson...yeah, THAT jim Dickinson

then I went to see g love again after like 15 years and I thought it was fine.. he even signed my coast to coast lp....

then eventually I realized that one of g love's main influences was john Hammond... then I bought a g love produced john Hammond album

and then I realized that while he may not be hip there's a reason I still dig him.. he's pretty darn good

the end

ps I definetly like the laid back blues more than the white boy hip hop but it varies between the albums and even within the albums...coast to coast is the record I really love

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:35:34 pm by Hutch »

Yada

« Reply #4028 on: August 04, 2015, 02:10:56 pm »

great song btw..

definitely not hip music..

a few years ago I dug out my old coast to coast and it rekindled a connection...then I bought all his records

by the way coast to coast was produced by jim Dickinson...yeah, THAT jim Dickinson

then I went to see g love again after like 15 years and I thought it was fine.. he even signed my coast to coast lp....

then eventually I realized that one of g love's main influences was john Hammond... then I bought a g love produced john Hammond album

and then I realized that while he may not be hip there's a reason I still dig him.. he's pretty darn good

the end

ps I definetly like the laid back blues more than the white boy hip hop but it varies between the albums and even within the albums...coast to coast is the record I really love

Indeed, loved these albums... G. Love and Special Sauce, Coast to Coast Motel Yeah, It's That Easy but as said earlier, kind of dropped off after that.

killsaly

« Reply #4029 on: August 05, 2015, 11:02:24 am »
the Psychedelic Furs - Greatest Hits

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4030 on: August 05, 2015, 11:03:36 am »
I've been on a big REM kick the last few days, especially Reckoning and Fables of the Reconstruction.
LVMH

azaghal1981

« Reply #4031 on: August 05, 2015, 11:42:18 am »
This recent Joanna Gruesome album is quickly becoming one of my favs of the year.
احمد

walk,on,by

« Reply #4032 on: August 05, 2015, 11:46:46 am »
new robyn

yes, gaga, yes

killsaly

« Reply #4033 on: August 05, 2015, 12:07:59 pm »
Alec Empire - Intelligence and Sacrifice

azaghal1981