Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10087407 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #38220 on: May 06, 2016, 12:10:43 pm »

thanks mr. north carolina!

Clearly NC has it's drawbacks these days...

Next weekend I'm going to see Against Me! at a little club in Durham...the current climate here should make it interesting.

hutch

« Reply #38221 on: May 06, 2016, 12:14:11 pm »

Next weekend I'm going to see Against Me! at a little club in Durham...the current climate here should make it interesting.

yes I was going to say something but thought better of it....

forget about delays/inconvenience...I seriously worry about the safety of anybody who takes the metro system on a semi-regular not to mention daily basis... there are fires all the time now in the tunnels.. like every couple of days!  it is truly unbelievable... People really need to start to speak up! Write Jack Evans! What are people waiting for? A huge accident or fire killing hundreds?

« Reply #38222 on: May 06, 2016, 01:46:23 pm »

forget about delays/inconvenience...I seriously worry about the safety of anybody who takes the metro system on a semi-regular not to mention daily basis... there are fires all the time now in the tunnels.. like every couple of days!  it is truly unbelievable... People really need to start to speak up! Write Jack Evans! What are people waiting for? A huge accident or fire killing hundreds?

what is the cherry on top of this is the republicans in congress won't give them any money to fix the problems
slack

hutch

« Reply #38223 on: May 06, 2016, 01:53:40 pm »

what is the cherry on top of this is the republicans in congress won't give them any money to fix the problems

I would need to study the 'money' issue.. remember they hiked rates many times.. the said they were going to do things with money the spent that they did not do.. where is the money? its not just about money.... buenos aires is broke and they have been for years.... their metro system dates to the early 1900s... they don't have fires every two days.....how much do people have to pay to get a 2 stop ride? $10??? i mean wtf?

« Reply #38224 on: May 06, 2016, 04:34:50 pm »

I would need to study the 'money' issue.. remember they hiked rates many times.. the said they were going to do things with money the spent that they did not do.. where is the money? its not just about money.... buenos aires is broke and they have been for years.... their metro system dates to the early 1900s... they don't have fires every two days.....how much do people have to pay to get a 2 stop ride? $10??? i mean wtf?
Ok...in the past there was a lot of corruption, but this new guy is serious and they are really trying to get safety as primary issue.
I'm sorry but you can't say that money won't fix most of these issues
there has been tons of neglect and waste, but saying that is the reason to not spend the money today if they have a detailed plan to get it done
Can't really blame the people in charge today for the problems of the past

You know that congress is a big part of the problem here...they hate DC and do what ever they can to screw it (even though most of their staff use metro daily)

BTW...it's like $2 for a 2 stop trip
I rarely take metro, but  I really don't think it's the horror show you make it out to be
I think the fires suck and that shit needs to get resolved quick....no matter how much the commuters complain...
I do think they need to move quicker tho
slack

hutch

« Reply #38225 on: May 06, 2016, 05:13:38 pm »

Ok...in the past there was a lot of corruption, but this new guy is serious and they are really trying to get safety as primary issue.
I'm sorry but you can't say that money won't fix most of these issues
there has been tons of neglect and waste, but saying that is the reason to not spend the money today if they have a detailed plan to get it done
Can't really blame the people in charge today for the problems of the past

You know that congress is a big part of the problem here...they hate DC and do what ever they can to screw it (even though most of their staff use metro daily)

BTW...it's like $2 for a 2 stop trip
I rarely take metro, but  I really don't think it's the horror show you make it out to be
I think the fires suck and that shit needs to get resolved quick....no matter how much the commuters complain...
I do think they need to move quicker tho

ha ha ha.. yeah "this" guy is serious!

It is a horror show.. commuters are now regularly dying... that doesn't happen in Buenos Aires and the system down there is 100+ years old..

My guess is most of the money that metro received over the past decade (both from riders and I think DC/VA/MD contribute) or two has gone to WMATA employee salaries and not investment.... to pay for these incredibly rude employees..

sorry.. not going to ask US taxpayers to front money to the DC metro system without knowing what the heck is going on...where did all the money go previously? what is the situation with employee salaries anyways?

What about privatization anyways? You do realize metro is going to take however much money they can get for themselves right? That is what these organizations do. "Oh we need more money.. more more more.. higher fares, higher contributions.."

Are DC riders underpaying in relation to other systems? Tons of questions to be answered...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:15:20 pm by Thurston »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #38226 on: May 07, 2016, 12:35:07 pm »
Obnox opening for Pere Ubu
F 6/24
Blowtel
😐 🎶

blipvurt

« Reply #38227 on: May 08, 2016, 01:40:17 am »
DC fam lost one of our own today.

RIP John Stabb.

https://youtu.be/3O12a2krdb8

travelinbeat

« Reply #38228 on: May 08, 2016, 06:23:24 am »
Old School Hip Hop Festival
featuring Chubb Rock, Jalil & Ecstasy of Whodini, Slick Rick, Mystikal, Juvenile, Big Daddy Kane
08/13/2016, Pier Six

hutch

« Reply #38229 on: May 08, 2016, 08:18:08 am »
DC fam lost one of our own today.

RIP John Stabb.

https://youtu.be/3O12a2krdb8

oh no

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #38230 on: May 08, 2016, 10:30:32 am »
Stabb will be missed.  I knew things weren't going well but damn. RIP, John.

walk,on,by

« Reply #38231 on: May 08, 2016, 01:54:02 pm »
Kill,sally . . . Fucking, Rules.

The, end.

News, at eleven.

killsaly

« Reply #38232 on: May 08, 2016, 02:02:01 pm »
Thanks and you are welcome!  We can leave this one vague...

walk,on,by

« Reply #38233 on: May 08, 2016, 02:21:20 pm »
Well, I did say news at eleven.