Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1182579 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1365 on: April 02, 2013, 06:38:02 pm »
Any law abiding citizens looking to obtain a concealed carry permit -> Enjoy.
FUKIT

stevewizzle

« Reply #1366 on: April 02, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »
oh, look, a gun-related post by RB.  that's so random.

Yada

« Reply #1367 on: April 03, 2013, 03:16:33 pm »
Anyone else catch this story on 60 minutes a few weeks ago? Poor dude... but good for him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9128819/atlanta-falcons-sign-exonerated-brian-banks

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1368 on: April 03, 2013, 04:41:41 pm »
i have been following that story for awhile, and when i read the article on him this afternoon, i smiled wide.  so happy for him, and i dont even know him.

atomicfront

« Reply #1369 on: April 03, 2013, 04:48:20 pm »
What I don't get from people is this desire to have something that is in high demand.  Like in the beer thread ...this beer is almost impossible to get and the beer store will only sell you one.  WTF just buy something else. Most of the beer you buy will make you feel good and there is a ton of tasty beer.

And now Record Stay is coming and there are a couple of things I would like to buy like the Orange Juice albums but everyone has to have stuff to collect so there will be huge crazy lines and people will buy shit they don't even want because they have the misguided opinion that it will be worth something some day.  Record store day has made me hate record stores.

Basically collecting anything for the perceived future value is BS.  You will be dead one day.  Odds are if you buy it for future value it won't be worth shit in the future.  Stuff is worth a lot because everyone threw it away when they became adults and now they are 55 and feel old and want something to feel young again. Which is more pathetic than anything.

atomicfront

« Reply #1370 on: April 03, 2013, 04:50:34 pm »
second rant.  Pier Six Pavillion is a great place to see a show but there is nothing there I ever want to see.  Styx without their lead singer?  Who the f' wants to see that?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1371 on: April 03, 2013, 04:53:18 pm »
Basically collecting anything for the perceived future value is BS.  You will be dead one day.  Odds are if you buy it for future value it won't be worth shit in the future.  Stuff is worth a lot because everyone threw it away when they became adults and now they are 55 and feel old and want something to feel young again. Which is more pathetic than anything.

My in-laws collected Franklin Mint plates for years, banking on their future value.  They are now worth about $5 each...

shemptiness

« Reply #1372 on: April 03, 2013, 05:03:29 pm »
second rant.  Pier Six Pavillion is a great place to see a show but there is nothing there I ever want to see.  Styx without their lead singer?  Who the f' wants to see that?

Seems to be working okay for Journey.  Who would want to see Styx even WITH their lead singer?

atomicfront

« Reply #1373 on: April 03, 2013, 05:09:53 pm »

Seems to be working okay for Journey.  Who would want to see Styx even WITH their lead singer?

yeah i saw a journey tribute band was playing somewhere and then i thought what was  the difference between a journey tribute band and the band touring as journey?  I couldn't think of much.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1374 on: April 03, 2013, 05:10:56 pm »
obviously atomicfront and i need to get together, go smoke a fat fucking joint and see dark star orchestra at pier six this season.  oh come on buddy, bring the wife too.  i dont bite . . . unless commanded to.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1375 on: April 03, 2013, 06:25:25 pm »
Detente walkie style....
T.Rex

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1376 on: April 05, 2013, 02:23:18 pm »
And another article under the topic of 'Why is this even newsworthy in this day and age'...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9137573/brendon-ayanbadejo-says-four-players-considering-coming-gay

FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
FUKIT

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1378 on: April 05, 2013, 04:05:11 pm »
Record store day has made me hate record stores.

Crazy talk.  It just means I avoid record stores that day.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1379 on: April 05, 2013, 04:10:56 pm »
And another article under the topic of 'Why is this even newsworthy in this day and age'...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9137573/brendon-ayanbadejo-says-four-players-considering-coming-gay

since apparently you need to have it explained to you: it's a story because there is either one or zero openly gay players in the NFL, i believe.  little boys look up to professional sport players.  maybe when they see some of their idols as proudly gay, or supportive of their gay teammates, then they'll be safer and/or more tolerant.  the is a strong anti-gay culture in professional sports and this story is helping to break down that culture (oh, wait, conservatives hate change).  that same culture is leading to kids being beaten by other kids because of who they are. 

taking a step back, the following doesn't necessarily apply to RB:

it's laughable how the right wing has moved from vocal opposition to all things gay, to trying to dismiss gay issues entirely.  it's a regular comment in any story about gay rights: "why is this even in the news, it's a personal matter, don't shove your sexuality in my face", etc.  it's understandable, tho: for a while the right wingnuts and religious bigots though they had control or at least influence in society so they got on their soapboxes to shout down all things gay.  now, the times have passed them by.  they are no longer relevant.  and since no one is listening to them, the best they can hope for is to get others to ignore what they would rather have go away - like gay rights.

and it's funny how NOW they don't want someone else's sexuality shoved in their face, considering the right's track record of messing with others' sexuality (sex ed, abortion, anti-gay-marriage, abstinence-only programs, etc)
<sig>