Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 136893 times)

Rogue Riderhood

Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2014, 03:03:30 pm »
Back in your day comic books were a nickel.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2014, 03:30:38 pm »
I watch anime/read manga.  I have yet to read or watch Attack on Titan though.  It is on my list... I really want the omnibus (maybe I put it on my Christmas list)...
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/a24l=qLa66EdKwV-YR/browse/item/101715/4/0/0

I saw that the Marvel/Attack on Titan crossover is a go.

Currently I am watching two shows for the second time - Inuyasha and Death Note, two of my all time favorites.
Whoa, I might have to grab that. I heard the books are still going though? Or is the whole series finished? And how exactly can Titan and Marvel cross?
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2014, 03:33:59 pm »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/06/new-details-emerge-for-marvels-attack-on-titan-crossover
The story is apparently in the vein of Marvel's What If? comics, basically posing the question, "What if Spider-Man and the Avengers battled a 46-foot-tall Titan in the streets of New York?" Whether any of the heroes from the Attack on Titan universe appear to aid Earth's Mightiest Heroes remains to be seen.

It's not clear if Isayama is actually writing and drawing this crossover story. We do know that he drew the cover for Brutus #790 and will be providing commentary on the story within the issue.

This is certainly one of Marvel's more interesting attempts to cater to international audiences with their iconic superheroes. There's no word on an English translation/release yet, but given the popularity of Attack on Titan in the US, we imagine it's only a matter of time.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #243 on: December 02, 2014, 03:38:51 pm »
That omnibus is the first five volumes... I am not sure how long the series will end up being.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2014, 04:04:35 pm »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/06/new-details-emerge-for-marvels-attack-on-titan-crossover
The story is apparently in the vein of Marvel's What If? comics, basically posing the question, "What if Spider-Man and the Avengers battled a 46-foot-tall Titan in the streets of New York?" Whether any of the heroes from the Attack on Titan universe appear to aid Earth's Mightiest Heroes remains to be seen.

It's not clear if Isayama is actually writing and drawing this crossover story. We do know that he drew the cover for Brutus #790 and will be providing commentary on the story within the issue.

This is certainly one of Marvel's more interesting attempts to cater to international audiences with their iconic superheroes. There's no word on an English translation/release yet, but given the popularity of Attack on Titan in the US, we imagine it's only a matter of time.
That's interesting... Considering there are shades of Spider-Man in Titan itself it's a pretty interesting take. The fact that they are actually humans is cooler than a guy with super human strength. Will be interesting to see how it's interpreted though!
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2014, 08:06:57 pm »
Suicide Squad cast is finalized:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57473
Jared Leto as Joker, Will Smith as Deadshot, Tom Hardy as Rick Flag, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Boomerang and Cara Delevigne as Enchantress

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2014, 10:39:03 am »
Jared Leto as Joker, Will Smith as Deadshot, Tom Hardy as Rick Flag, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Boomerang and Cara Delevigne as Enchantress
Man, I'm stoked to see this cast in action. Curious to see how they bring the New 52 Joker into this universe... Also, being a Joker mark, I'm so ready to see Harley on the big screen.
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2014, 11:51:27 am »
It is weird that she was created for the animated series... (her being such an integral part of the Batman universe now)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2014, 12:59:26 pm »
Man, I'm stoked to see this cast in action. Curious to see how they bring the New 52 Joker into this universe... Also, being a Joker mark, I'm so ready to see Harley on the big screen.

woof. the way dc handles women both on and off screen. no thanks.
nothx

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2014, 01:22:06 pm »

woof. the way dc handles women both on and off screen. no thanks.
Harley in her own book. Smh. They made her a roller derby babe BECAUSE OF COURSE.
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2014, 05:44:59 pm »
Terminator Genisys trailer comes out tomorrow.  I am interested in seeing if the return of Arnold can save the franchise (though I did like Salvation for some reason, I know it gets panned a lot).

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2014, 12:17:50 pm »
Terminator Genisys trailer comes out tomorrow.  I am interested in seeing if the return of Arnold can save the franchise (though I did like Salvation for some reason, I know it gets panned a lot).

larpers create real life hogwarts for aspiring wizards
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/12/03/polish-larp-college-of-wizardy-hogwarts/

nothx

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2014, 12:19:59 pm »
I never understood why anyone couldn't like Salvation. I thought it was awesome. It was the movie I wanted since T2. I never understood why they wouldn't follow up with a fucking war movie against the machines. Genisys is probably going to be terrible. From the stills I've seen there isn't much to be excited about. BUT, I'll still be eagerly awaiting the trailer.

Ending the year with a bunch of mouth watering trailers. I like it.
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2014, 12:27:27 pm »
I am not sure about the Salvation hate either... I just started seeing a lot of criticism about that movie and Bale in particular, during articles about the new one.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2014, 01:04:35 pm »
I thought Bale was an awesome John Connor. He's supposed to be the leader of the human revolution for christs sake. He has to be badass. I feel like people who don't like Salvation just hate Terminator.
‼‼?‼‼