Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 136894 times)

Rogue Riderhood

Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #270 on: December 17, 2014, 12:17:27 pm »
Also, ROH is my favorite company.  NXT is my favorite WWE show. 

So, we are probably on the same page with a lot of it.  I quit watching in 1999, and started back in 2011.

Yeah the new stuff can be boring - but they do have to fill so many hours of content a week, and for an audience that is supposed to be children and adults, and to keep everyone happy - sometimes it can fall flat.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #271 on: December 17, 2014, 12:23:25 pm »
I stopped watching Raw/Smackdown/Main Event leading up to Survivor Series. My friend filled me in before the PPV [I still read recaps and what not] but I didn't miss much. Then tuned in the night after becuse Series was awesome. Then it sucked. I stopped watching about halfway through. Did the same thing leading up to TLC. They just have too many hours. ROH and NXT get so much done and have so many more fleshed out characters. They want to call up Adrian Nevelle and re-package. I don't care that much for him, but I can already see him being forgotten on the main roster.

As for ROH I saw the tag match and main event from Final Battle. ReDRagon are my FAVES! Also bummed out Adam Cole might be out for awhile, but I think The Kingdom is terrible. Them and The Decade... Glad Roddy got out... and Jimmy Jacobs is awesome. FUN FACT: Last night on Smackdown [caught a bit during Caps intermission] Jimmy Jacobs was in Adam Roses entourage hahaha

I stopped watching right around the time Stone Cold got hit by the car or whatever. Came back during CM Punks title reign. My friend said I had to watch because it was awesome and he walked out with the title and blah blah. So I did. It was fun. Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins are all awesome, but it just gets boring and frustrating. Especially now with the internet where you can read all these interviews and get backstage news. It's just insane how much better NXT is. All the feelings for Takover 3.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #272 on: December 17, 2014, 12:32:13 pm »
I stopped watching right around the time Stone Cold got hit by the car or whatever.
There's something perversely hilarious about that sentence.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #273 on: December 17, 2014, 12:44:51 pm »
"After Stone Cold got hit by that car, it all went to shit and became unbelievable" lol

I think at the time I was like... 13 or something? So I was getting into HS and other shit became cool or important. Like chicks and music and drugs. SWEET.
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #274 on: December 17, 2014, 12:45:20 pm »
As for ROH I saw the tag match and main event from Final Battle. ReDRagon are my FAVES! Also bummed out Adam Cole might be out for awhile, but I think The Kingdom is terrible. Them and The Decade... Glad Roddy got out... and Jimmy Jacobs is awesome. FUN FACT: Last night on Smackdown [caught a bit during Caps intermission] Jimmy Jacobs was in Adam Roses entourage hahaha
I do not watch the TV show for ROH usually (I always forget) but I do watch all their PPVs and iPPVs and try to go see them when they are in Baltimore or Philly (though I skipped the last two Baltimore shows, but still saw ROH live twice this year elsewhere).  ROH live... It is a whole other beast.  I love it.  I was hooked since I first attended a show, in summer of 2012.

I noticed Jimmy Jacobs as well (he was on both Raw and Smackdown. He lives in Detroit).  He is one of my favorites on their roster ever since he was in SCUM as Zombie Princess with my favorite (Kevin Steen).  

Too bad he is too short and has too many issues in his past with drugs, to join WWE.  But they would probably fuck him up and have him as a firefighter or something dumb.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2014, 12:59:40 pm »
I didn't steadily get into ROH until this year. I watched through the beginning of the year to familiarize myself and then we went to the Baltimore taping in the spring I believe. The main event was Elgin/Styles 2 for the #1 contendership. I think another match was Jimmy Jacobs vs Mark Briscoe? That and the ReDRagon match were matches of the night. For the life of me I cannot remember who ReDRagon fought. But it was awesome. Steen was also in a CHarm City Street Fight vs like.... Murder Inc or something? Havoc Inc...Mayhem. Something like that.

I missed the last one because it was either the house show for WWE or the ROH taping. I had to see Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt haha. It did not disappoint.

‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #276 on: December 17, 2014, 01:03:38 pm »
"After Stone Cold got hit by that car, it all went to shit and became unbelievable" lol
Yeah, I wasn't making fun of you or it because I generally don't mock the nerd stuff when its kept to its own thread just on principle, but it just read like something out of The Onion.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #277 on: December 17, 2014, 02:22:04 pm »
We're on the same page. I'm 27 and watch pro wrestling. I get my share of licks from my friends lol.

But really, there's few places where its ok to get hammered drunk and be able to yell at children and not get in trouble. Good times.
‼‼?‼‼

Got Haggis?

« Reply #278 on: December 17, 2014, 02:31:20 pm »
I'm really enjoying the Saga comic series

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2014, 02:33:21 pm »
I have the first three volumes (volume 4 came out today!) but have yet to read them.  I bought them for my fiance based on a recommendation from Third Eye Comics, and she loves them. 

I plan on reading them on a snow day.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2014, 03:29:24 pm »
I just finally broke down and got Marvel Unlimited. Excited.
nothx

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #281 on: December 19, 2014, 11:05:36 am »
Haven't really kept up with Batman but I was going through them at the comic book store and picked up a couple from this series called "End Game" and it appears he's fighting the Justice League. Which is fucking awesome.

Also picked up some of the Harley Quinn books. Just interested to see where they go with her here...
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #283 on: December 19, 2014, 03:47:56 pm »
I love Robert Rodriguez!
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #284 on: December 21, 2014, 01:50:01 pm »
Frank Frazetta's Fire and Ice is getting a live-action remake by the director of Sin City
A director, not THE director of Sin City.  Frank Miller co-directed both (plus Tarantino got a director's credit on the first one).  Just saying.