Author Topic: Hank and a Drank  (Read 3189 times)

Relaxer

Hank and a Drank
« on: October 01, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »
Anyone going to see Rollins vent his spleen tonight or tomorrow night? Haven't bought tix yet, but I think I'm going tonight. Wish it wasn't so early though.
oword

Nietzsche

Re: Hank and a Drank
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 08:14:00 pm »
I was planning to go to the Birchmere for dinner tomorrow.   ;)  

I'll catch this Hank fellow while I'm there.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 04:06:00 am »
i'll be there for night two.

taperkat

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:45:00 am »
Last night was fucking, fucking, fucking amazing.

No, really. had a great time, had a good waitress (1/5 shows ain't bad), and was thoroughly entertained for almost 3 solid hours.

the man can fucking talk.

xcanuck

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 10:01:00 am »
Henry was in fine form (as always) and the food at the Birchmere sucks ass (as always). The show was over two hours long and extremely entertaining.

However, anyone think that he's starting to curb the venom a little? I don't know if his attitude is softening a bit, but he doesn't go on the attack quite as strongly as before. Just something I've noticed in the past few years.

manimtired

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 10:03:00 am »
another person i just "dont get"..

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 10:05:00 am »
I figured I'd post my review/opinion of last night's show after tonight's show.

I do have the Ruts on the hi-fi right now though.
oword

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 10:08:00 am »
That's often a sign of happiness found.

Originally posted by xcanuck:

However, anyone think that he's starting to curb the venom a little? I don't know if his attitude is softening a bit, but he doesn't go on the attack quite as strongly as before. Just something I've noticed in the past few years.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 01:42:00 pm »
what time did he hit the stage last night?

TheREALHunter

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 01:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by xcanuck:
  Henry was in fine form (as always) and the food at the Birchmere sucks ass (as always). The show was over two hours long and extremely entertaining.

If anything I think nowadays he goes on the attack MORE as he covers more political issues than he ever has in the past, if you see his "love letter to Ann Coulter" from his TV show you can't say the man has softened up, his spoken word has always been tempered by anecdotal humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSBhlw-o9E

TheREALHunter

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  what time did he hit the stage last night?
around 7:30 and went a little bit past 10.

bearman🐻

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »
7:30pm sharp, so don't be late.

Y'all are going to laugh your asses off when I tell you that I got to the Birchmere, had barely a bite to eat all day, ordered some food (out of desperation not because I was actually stoked about eating there), and then the waitress never brought me my food. A blessing in disguise? Perhaps. But I was so famished and after nearly 3 hours of Hank talking, I felt like I was going into diabetic shock because my blood sugar was so low. I was annoyed that she actually charged me for crappy food that I didn't even eat.

That being said, Henry was great as usual, just a little too preachy at times. Yeah, I know, that's what I've come to expect from him to an extent, but it seemed to be a little less focused as other times. Worth seeing though.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 05:10:00 pm »
Just got back from the Birchmere after arriving there at 4:30 to flip my ticket (since I also saw him last night and decided to see Ken Andrews instead tonight) to find that nobody was in line yet, somebody got a good deal on a ticket and #1 line ticket for $20 haha