Author Topic: Gary Numan....anyone going???  (Read 1599 times)

Vas Deferens

Gary Numan....anyone going???
« on: July 19, 2006, 02:48:00 pm »
:)
(_|_)

Paul Styrene

Re: Gary Numan....anyone going???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 03:40:00 pm »
I am.  I never got around to seeing him perform live.  The closest I got was in  URGH! A Music War (which is a great film), and hearing his live BBC recording that is floating around on teh internets. From the little I saw and heard, it appears that his live performance is not to be missed.  I hope I am right.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 10:55:00 pm »
I went about 4 or 5 years ago at the 9:30....I think it's been that long.....it was pretty strange to say the least......the last time I saw Numan live before that was the "Telekon" tour at the Stanley in Pittsburgh....maybe early 80's......he was at the true height of his "powers"....at least 3 keyboard players,multi level stage show,lasers,the little car he rode out on stage,the whole nine.....helluva psychedelic experience!....well,this last show at the club was really different...the music is now guitar based,not synth like the old days....he kinda came across as NIN and Reznor lite or as my buddy said that night...."Is this Numan or Billy Idol?".....I listened to samples off his newest disc and wasn't exactly jumping for joy......guess I was used to the "electro synth" days and not the newer stuff....really up in the air about this one,but will more than likely pass......but,if you have never seen him,may be worth it......does not tour that often....

snailhook

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 02:40:00 am »
i'm on the fence...i totally wanna see a performance like in "urgh", but i doubt he'll do anything like that. i don't wanna see no NIN rip-off. numan/tubeway army circa 1981 was great synth-pop.

set1914

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 05:44:00 pm »
Going to the show for three reasons.
 1. Never got to see him live.
 2. Have like everything he put out from the Tubeway Army till now.
 3. He is not being greedy with ticket price.