Author Topic: The Thin Red Line / Explosions in the Sky  (Read 1306 times)

HoyaSaxa03

The Thin Red Line / Explosions in the Sky
« on: June 17, 2007, 12:37:00 am »
watching The Thin Red Line for the first time in years and i just realized that the voice-over about 2 hours into the movie:

"This great evil. Where does it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doin' this? Who's killin' us? Robbing us of life and light. Mockin' us with the sight of what we might've known. Does our ruin benefit the earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too? Have you passed through this night?"
is the source for the opening to that fantastic Explosions in the Sky song "Have You Passed Through This Night?" ... i must have listened to that song dozens or maybe hundreds of times and never realized where it came from

anyway, great movie and great song ... EITS could have done a pretty good soundtrack for the film
(o|o)

Re: The Thin Red Line / Explosions in the Sky
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 08:46:00 am »
This film came out around the same time as Saving Ryan's Privates and is the superior war film of the two, IMO. I have the 1964 version of that movie on DVD, starring Keir "2001" Dullea & Jack Warden.

The book was also rather good.

Maybe I need to check out this band...