Author Topic: Voxtrot Roll Call  (Read 3300 times)

manimtired

Re: Voxtrot Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »
didnt make it.  how was this? did anyone catch house and parish?

slowgraffiti

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 03:08:00 pm »
i didn't like them much, the music was a little dull. i don't think the crowd was feeling them and the lead singer was acting a little surly about it.
 second opener was wonderful.

killsaly

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 01:57:00 pm »
voxtrot was great as always.  they played a mix of tunes off of their EP's and their cd.  I did have a couple of complaints.  One, they only played for a 45 minute or so set.  The lead singer was sick, so it was understandable.  Two, the sound.  Almost everytime I go to the Black Cat, the sound sucks.  Not everytime, but a lot of the time.  This show was one of those examples.  Voxtrot has a very clean, jangley sound, which was muddied into a mess of distortion.  I know its not the band, cause they sounded great at ottobar and great at the black cat earlier this year.  If i didnt know the songs they were singing, it would have pretty much sounded like a 45 minute blur of noise, mostly.  Now, I might just be nit picking, but I like the sound at a club to sound good.  So, other than the bad club sound mixing, and the sick singer, it was a great show.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by killsaly:
    The lead singer was sick, so it was understandable.
Apparently he was quite sick:

Sorry everyone, but Voxtrot is canceling off of tonight's show at Club Absinthe in Hamilton, ONT. If you've seen the band in the last couple days, I'm sure you're aware that Ramesh has been a bit under the weather. He was taken to the hospital after last night's show in Philly, and underwent minor surgery this morning. Thankfully he's okay.

via  Pitchfork