Author Topic: Dresden Dolls at Black Cat  (Read 1967 times)

Lamb007

Dresden Dolls at Black Cat
« on: October 26, 2004, 06:18:00 pm »
Anyone else going?

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Dresden Dolls at Black Cat
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 07:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Lamb007:
  Anyone else going?
does anyone else share this (rather shallow) characterization?:

the lead singer for the dresden dolls reminds me exactly of those overbearing big-boned girls in your high school's drama club, graduated from "grease" to "rent" to feminism and social activism, plus always down to make out with some chick at a party.
(o|o)

eltee

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 08:16:00 pm »
Anyhow, I am replying a little OT as well, sorry Lamb007. But, I just wanted to give the head's up to anyone who is interested: work a table for Music for America and get in to see The Dresden Dolls show. Looks like one spot remains to work the show. Here's the link: http://www.musicforamerica.org/event/local?state=DC
 (I don't represent or work for Music for America, so I can't help w/ with add'l information other than the link provided.)

Lamb007

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 09:48:00 am »
Never seen em. I know the album and the two videos and nothing else. I like what I've heard but have no clue what their live shows are like. I'm expecting anything ranging from brilliant to embarassing.

Lamb007

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 09:50:00 am »
the lead singer for the dresden dolls reminds me exactly of those overbearing big-boned girls in your high school's drama club, graduated from "grease" to "rent" to feminism and social activism, plus always down to make out with some chick at a party. [/QB]
Not sure I follow. Is this a good thing? I mean overly theatric do gooder with lesbian tendencies? Sounds like every girl I've ever dated.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 10:34:00 am »
Originally posted by Lamb007:

the lead singer for the dresden dolls reminds me exactly of those overbearing big-boned girls in your high school's drama club, graduated from "grease" to "rent" to feminism and social activism, plus always down to make out with some chick at a party. [/b]
Not sure I follow. Is this a good thing? I mean overly theatric do gooder with lesbian tendencies? Sounds like every girl I've ever dated. [/QB]
it's not really a good thing, for me, but i'm sure it's great for others.

i reached that conclusion, by the way, based on that video of theirs on subterranean.
(o|o)

Dandy01

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 11:19:00 am »
I'm getting more curious about the show, based on their website www.dresdendolls.com .  There's a full-length clip for Coin-Operated Boy for those who are unfamiliar with them, such as myself.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 03:23:00 pm »
I saw them at Iota last feb....they were pretty good.  one of the singers fav bands is the legendary pink dots  :o

Medusa

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 04:23:00 pm »
DJ Strange will be there (look for the guy all in black with spiky, platinum blond hair).

I may be as well, but it's doubtful right now.

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

Lamb007

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 09:29:00 am »
Solid show, although I thought the cover of "War Pigs" was a little weak (even though I appreciated the effort.) Nice sized crowd. Lots of theatre majors and sexually confused artists. And for the record, no man looks good in a corset.