Author Topic: New Releases This Week  (Read 5915 times)

vansmack

Re: New Releases This Week
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 07:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  a dvd of ANYONE famous taking a crap would be epic.
It sure did wonders for Jackass.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 02:09:00 am »
currently listening to "In Rainbows".  download was surprisingly fast, i was afraid it was going to take hours.  lots of guitars so far, based on the first 4 songs it's as if radiohead tried to write a pop album... but, being radiohead, they got lost on a tangent.  pretty songs, nothing has really grabbed me yet tho.  definitely more accessible than their last 3 outings.  i'm entirely exhausted at the moment and really should be in bed, so in-depth listening is a no-can-do.  looking forward to having a proper listen tomorrow at some point.
<sig>

helicon1

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 05:12:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  currently listening to "In Rainbows".  download was surprisingly fast, i was afraid it was going to take hours.  lots of guitars so far, based on the first 4 songs it's as if radiohead tried to write a pop album... but, being radiohead, they got lost on a tangent.  pretty songs, nothing has really grabbed me yet tho.  definitely more accessible than their last 3 outings.  i'm entirely exhausted at the moment and really should be in bed, so in-depth listening is a no-can-do.  looking forward to having a proper listen tomorrow at some point.
On my first listen, the word that came to mind was Organic. It's a welcome change from the electronics of the past three albums (and the Eraser)

brennser

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 09:18:00 am »
you can pick up he Lekman on emusic as well but there are some issues with the last 2 or 3 songs

Originally posted by nkotb:
  This is my isane wishlist for this week.  Too bad I've had a killer month on the ol' Capital One card.  Between weddings and business trips I haven't gotten reimbursed for, I've got to wait a few weeks.

EDIT: I did pick up the Beirut album from eMusic the other day.  It's pretty good; nothing earth-shattering by any means, but definitely worth a listen.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Band Of Horses: Cease to Begin [cd]
 Beirut: The Flying Club Cup [cd]
 Enon: Grass Geysers...Carbon Clouds [cd]
 Fiery Furnaces: Widow City [cd]
 Jens Lekman: Night Falls Over Kortedala [cd]
 Robert Pollard: Coast To Coast Carpet Of Love [cd]
 Robert Pollard: Standard Gargoyle Decisions [cd]
 Spank Rock: Spank Rock and Benny Blanco Are...Bangers and Cash EP [cd]
 Sunset Rubdown: Random Spirit Lover [cd]

[/b]

nkotb

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 09:24:00 am »
Yeah, but 1) I have already used my 90 allotment for this month, and 2) I won't buy digital albums if I already own the CD versions of previous albums.  

That's my cut-off for CD vs. MP3...I will only download bands who I have not previously listened to (or their music is not available digitally).

Hmmm...maybe this should go under "shit you thought only you did"?

Originally posted by brennser:
  you can pick up he Lekman on emusic as well but there are some issues with the last 2 or 3 songs

Relaxer

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 09:52:00 am »
The biggest thing this week is the fact that this morning's Sally Forth, the most white-bread comic strip in the Post, has a reference/shout-out to one of the edgier art-noise bands. And it's even kind of funny!
oword

nkotb

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 10:28:00 am »
I just looked that up.  Pretty comical!

Originally posted by Relaxer:
  The biggest thing this week is the fact that this morning's Sally Forth, the most white-bread comic strip in the Post, has a reference/shout-out to one of the edgier art-noise bands. And it's even kind of funny!

brennser

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2007, 10:51:00 am »
dude thats wack!

Originally posted by nkotb:
  Yeah, but 1) I have already used my 90 allotment for this month, and 2) I won't buy digital albums if I already own the CD versions of previous albums.  

That's my cut-off for CD vs. MP3...I will only download bands who I have not previously listened to (or their music is not available digitally).

Hmmm...maybe this should go under "shit you thought only you did"?

[/b]

nkotb

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2007, 10:53:00 am »
Look, I'll admit that I'm a dinosaur that loves having the actual artifact of a CD.  It's a huge step forward for me to actually download music (though my wife and lack of space definitely helped in that direction).  

So I figured that was the best compromise, and it's worked well for me.  I'm saving money and finding more new music than ever.  But I do still covert those little insert booklets...

dude thats wack!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 12:28:00 pm »
jens lekman album is predictably fantastic, can't turn it off ... no real earworms like "black cab" tho
(o|o)

Bags

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »
Band of Horses is $7.99 on Amazon now.

brennser

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2007, 04:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
I think it and Iron and Wine are 7.99 at BB this week

nkotb

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »
Really?  I was saving my 20% Olsson's coupon for a big CD trip, but $8 is hard to beat.  Hmmm...

Originally posted by Bags:
I think it and Iron and Wine are 7.99 at BB this week [/b]

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »
HAY GUYS -- I THINK RADIOHEAD RELEASED A NEW RECORD THIS WEEK! NO ONE WAS TALKING ABOUT IT SO I JUST THOUGHT I'D LET EVERYONE KNOW! APPARENTLY IT'S FREE OR SUMTHIN??

BookerT

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 06:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
  jens lekman album is predictably fantastic, can't turn it off ... no real earworms like "black cab" tho
that dude just goes totally all out and nails it, doesn't he? the first 4 songs are absolutely killah.