Author Topic: Secret Machines Rollcall? Relaxer?  (Read 2360 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Secret Machines Rollcall? Relaxer?
« on: October 10, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »
this should be a good show. not that im going to it, but everyone should go to check out Sleeping States. and i really wanna see Junius too. Its tonight at the R&R.

Relaxer - i think you'd really like this band and im working on getting kurosawa to go too. their music is more impressive live than what i had listened to on their myspace page. im not too into the whole experimental, very loud noise mixed with vocals, but they are an exception  :)  

saw them on monday night with the helio sequence and their set was great. besides i told markland (lead singer) i was working on getting some friends to go see their set. so come out and support them.
HeyLa

sonickteam2

Re: Secret Machines Rollcall? Relaxer?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 04:26:00 pm »
damn, thats tonight?  

argh.

Relaxer

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »
I'm just gutted that I can't go to this show, though I'll admit I'm a little skeptical about SM now that the one guy who looks kinda like a girl isn't in it anymore.

But even if they were still the same band, I probably wouldn't be able to make it because of family obligations for the evening. But we'll see. One of the beauties of living just a few blocks from the Hotel is that it's easy to pop over. And it's only $14! And the Secret Machines are awesome! In fact, I'm slowly convincing myself, while I write this, that I might be able to make it. Feeling pretty meta over here.
oword

matts

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:41:00 pm »
After a little digging on the whole brother-left-the-band thing, I found a review (no link, sorry) that said the new lineup sounds more like SM ala Now Here is Nowhere and less like 10 Silver Drops.  To me, that is a very good thing.

manimtired

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 12:28:00 am »
only saw the secret machines. im a big fan and i thought they were awful.  the new guitar player just couldnt pull it off.. he is new and i hope he catches on b/c they just were not enjoyable tonight.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 01:46:00 am »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  only saw the secret machines. im a big fan and i thought they were awful.  the new guitar player just couldnt pull it off.. he is new and i hope he catches on b/c they just were not enjoyable tonight.
i left their show last time i saw them about half way through. felt the same way. i think the openers would have been the bands to see IMO.
HeyLa

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 09:03:00 am »
I made it to the show, but I was exhausted and post-drunk, so only stayed for a few numbers. I wasn't really feeling it, but I figured it was because I was out of sorts.
oword

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 10:35:00 am »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
  I made it to the show, but I was exhausted and post-drunk, so only stayed for a few numbers. I wasn't really feeling it, but I figured it was because I was out of sorts.
did you see sleeping states? or just secret machines?
HeyLa

Relaxer

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 10:56:00 am »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:

Originally posted by Relaxer:
did you see sleeping states? or just secret machines? [/b]
Just Secret Machines. I tried to get there earlier, but just couldn't make it happen.
oword