Author Topic: Another One Bites The Dust  (Read 3881 times)

Sir HC

Re: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2003, 01:05:00 pm »
"The proposed deal comes just weeks after Universal Music said it planned to shed about 1,350 people from its workforce in response to the record industry's difficult market conditions amid massive online piracy that has pushed CDs sales sharply lower. "

What I love is they take no responsibility for the problem even though the core of this is (1) they gouge on the price of CDs and (2) they have been putting out crap.  But hey it is the other guy's fault.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2003, 01:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  not only are Americans funny, Midwestern Americans, are REALLY funny.  Its like Saskatchewan, only warmer.
Does this help explain the popularity of MST3K in the great white north? [/b]
I am not sure what you mean? what does MST3K have to do with it?  I hate that show.  :)

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2003, 01:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  not only are Americans funny, Midwestern Americans, are REALLY funny.  Its like Saskatchewan, only warmer.
Does this help explain the popularity of MST3K in the great white north? [/b]
ok, ok , i get it.  I didnt know MST3K was form Minnesota.  figures  ;)

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2003, 01:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  "The proposed deal comes just weeks after Universal Music said it planned to shed about 1,350 people from its workforce in response to the record industry's difficult market conditions amid massive online piracy that has pushed CDs sales sharply lower. "

What I love is they take no responsibility for the problem even though the core of this is (1) they gouge on the price of CDs and (2) they have been putting out crap.  But hey it is the other guy's fault.
that paragrah has countless takes, and they are all bad.  I mean, its like, if i broke my arm and cut my leg off to fix the problem.  How did these people get to be in charge in the first place.
   Lets fire sales people and then complain cause we have bad sales.   hehehe, kinda funny to me.

Jaguär

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2003, 02:04:00 pm »
Yeah. That's like when I use to work for a travel wholesaler. The manager told the big idiot at the top that we needed more employees. He claimed we weren't making enough sales to justify another person. The idiot couldn't get it through his head that we were losing sales because there weren't enough people in the office to handle all the sales coming in. I know for a fact that they lost many sales because the office was understaffed so the retail agents gave up and were going elsewhere. In fact, I finally gave up and went retail and often used other wholesalers for the some of the same reasons.

markie

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2003, 02:06:00 pm »
will anyone miss dreamworks? Has anyone half decent ever been signed to them? They sure are no Jade tree.

Jaguär

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2003, 02:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by markie:
  will anyone miss dreamworks? Has anyone half decent ever been signed to them? They sure are no Jade tree.
That's exactly what I thought. Their films are must better than their records.

markie

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2003, 02:13:00 pm »
http://www.dreamworksrec.com/flash/index.html

Hum, Elliot Smith(who I still know nothing about), Eeels and Sparta and a load of shite

redsock

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2003, 02:20:00 pm »
  http://www.dreamworksrec.com/flash/index.html

Hum, Elliot Smith(who I still know nothing about), Eeels and Sparta and a load of shite
I would add Saves the Day, Rufus, and maybe Leaves to that list, but yeah, mostly trash....

sonickteam2

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2003, 02:59:00 pm »
well, i think its more the principal of the thing. Dreamworks today, Jade Tree tomorrow, you know.