Author Topic: Top Nine Olympics Comments  (Read 1149 times)

ggw

Top Nine Olympics Comments
« on: September 01, 2004, 12:21:00 pm »
9. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

8. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

7. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In  fact you can see it all over their faces."

5. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

4. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

2. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

1. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"

Guiny

Re: Top Nine Olympics Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 12:53:00 pm »
Well I didnt have a clear cut winner until number 1 when he admitted that he said something funny.

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 01:25:00 pm »
During the USA loss to Argentina, the announcer said

"If they lose, thier gold medal hopes are over"

duh

joz

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 10:12:00 am »
i loved the interview with svetlana khorkina, the russian "diva" of gymnastics...you know, the anorexic-looking one who always had the pissy look on her face.  anyway, in thick russian a la brigitte nielson in rocky iv, she says "i want the gold medal more than i want to mother my own child...i will go to athens to claim what is mine."  wish i had a tape of the look on her face when she ended up losing the gold.

thirsty moore

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 10:19:00 am »
You thought she was hot.  Admit it.

Originally posted by joz:
  i loved the interview with svetlana khorkina, the russian "diva" of gymnastics...you know, the anorexic-looking one who always had the pissy look on her face.

mankie

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 10:31:00 am »
One of my fave's, and remember I'm basketball illiterate.

"One of the reasons the dream team failed is because the European teams pass from the chest"

Question....what difference would it make if the ball is passed from the chest or not??

thirsty moore

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 10:44:00 am »
I think they could have ended the sentence at the word "pass."

Originally posted by Bollocks:
  One of my fave's, and remember I'm basketball illiterate.

"One of the reasons the dream team failed is because the European teams pass from the chest"

Question....what difference would it make if the ball is passed from the chest or not??

joz

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 12:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by econo:
  You thought she was hot.  Admit it.

i loved the interview with svetlana khorkina, the russian "diva" of gymnastics...you know, the anorexic-looking one who always had the pissy look on her face.
[/b]
you know it...that skeletor look really turns me on.

thirsty moore

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 12:58:00 pm »
Public service announcment claptrap.  Don't let that stuff fool you.

you know it...that skeletor look really turns me on.