Author Topic: Why a Service Charge at 9:30 Box Office?  (Read 2216 times)

mgentile

Why a Service Charge at 9:30 Box Office?
« on: June 04, 2003, 04:13:00 pm »
I just bought tickets for X at the 9:30 box office and was charged $1 per ticket service charge despite the fact that the ticket itself says "$0.00 S.C." Why a service charge at the box office -- why say the tix are $25 if no matter where you buy them they cost more?

mankie

Re: Why a Service Charge at 9:30 Box Office?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 04:16:00 pm »
This question has been asked many times before....I can't remember the lame-arse reason they give but I think it has to do with processing the ticket through tickets.scam or something.

I'm sure a moderator will spin the reason for you.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 05:18:00 pm »
I say god bless them, they can have the $1.  The hours that the box office are open, and the ease and efficiency with which you get your tickets is really astounding.  Appreciate it (I'm not chastising you -- I've asked the same question in the past, but having dealt with *many* more clubs since then, I've changed my tune).

The answer on the ticket price never being actually available will be this, "you can pay at the door night of the show, and it'll be the listed ticket price."  Yeah, like X won't sell out.  But, it's a formal (and true) answer.

And as to the 9:30's $1 in particular, compare it to Black Cat -- which I love, but it's a pain getting advance tickets there.  You gotta bother that manager guy with the long hair (can never remember his name), and though he's always nice, it always takes a while and I feel like I'm interrupting him.  And you *have* to pay in cash.  Big pain if you're getting a lot of tickets.

Just my 2 cents.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 05:36:00 pm »
As a matter of fact..... X WAS NOT sold out till the night of the show!......I bought my ticks at the door........

Bags

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 05:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by imrotten:
  As a matter of fact..... X WAS NOT sold out till the night of the show!......I bought my ticks at the door........
Wonder if that will be the case for the upcoming show as well, with all the original members playing.  I've heard really mixed reviews of X shows in the 90s and after....  But, Billy Zoom apparently only showed up when he felt like it.

mgentile

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2003, 06:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:
  I say god bless them, they can have the $1.  The hours that the box office are open, and the ease and efficiency with which you get your tickets is really astounding.  Appreciate it (I'm not chastising you -- I've asked the same question in the past, but having dealt with *many* more clubs since then, I've changed my tune).

The answer on the ticket price never being actually available will be this, "you can pay at the door night of the show, and it'll be the listed ticket price."  Yeah, like X won't sell out.  But, it's a formal (and true) answer.

And as to the 9:30's $1 in particular, compare it to Black Cat -- which I love, but it's a pain getting advance tickets there.  You gotta bother that manager guy with the long hair (can never remember his name), and though he's always nice, it always takes a while and I feel like I'm interrupting him.  And you *have* to pay in cash.  Big pain if you're getting a lot of tickets.

Just my 2 cents.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2003, 10:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:

Originally posted by imrotten:
Wonder if that will be the case for the upcoming show as well, with all the original members playing.  I've heard really mixed reviews of X shows in the 90s and after....  But, Billy Zoom apparently only showed up when he felt like it. [/b]
Don't worry.....the last show here at the club.....which was '99 if I'm correct, was an absolute SCORCHER of a show......Billy was in high spirits and smiling the whole night and they sounded lean & mean........Can't wait!