Author Topic: Kristin Hersh Roll Call  (Read 1573 times)

brennser

Kristin Hersh Roll Call
« on: February 02, 2005, 10:26:00 pm »
this kinda snuck up on me

she's playing tomorrow @ Iota - solo acoustic, as opposed to w/ 50'~

I'll be there

snailhook

Re: Kristin Hersh Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 10:33:00 pm »
i plan on it, but i might work past 9. i hope it won't sell out if that's the case. kristin hersh solo is always fantastic.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 11:08:00 pm »
Hmmmm, this could be do-able.  I'll probably be flying solo...

brennser

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 11:21:00 pm »
snailhook I think you'll be ok - I'd be amazed if it sold out, its a school night, she's not touring a new album and while her previous Iota shows have been full I don't think any sold out

bags - I'll keep an eye out for you

brennser

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 11:24:00 am »
decent show last night - I tried to time my arrival so as to miss the opener, Ben Weaver  but ended up catching the last 4 or 5 songs of his set and really liked him - great Mark Lanegan/Tom Waits-esque voice over either banjo or acoustic guitar - I bought one of his CDs afterwards

Kristin was good - I had brought two folks who did not know her stuff and for the first two songs I was cringing, her voice sounded totally shot - however, it opened up nicely and it turned out to be a really nice gig, with a sprinkling of songs from across her career

oh, and to the three FUCKING BOZOs who stood at the front of the stage, about 2 feet from her and incessantly took digital photos of her until they were asked to stop - get a FUCKING LIFE - jesus christ, have people no manners these days?? I'm surprised she wasn't friggin blinded w/ the flashes