Author Topic: Poor Amy, good job at rehab  (Read 2718 times)

jetelo

Poor Amy, good job at rehab
« on: October 19, 2007, 09:28:00 am »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Poor Amy, good job at rehab
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 09:31:00 am »
yawn

thirsty moore

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 10:31:00 am »
Half Baked 2: Electric Boogaloo

Originally posted by jetelo:
  Looks like she is at it again, but only weed.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 11:36:00 am »
Seriously, why do people care at this point... Is there going to be some AMAZING comeback?  It's time to let Amy fade into the sunset and focus on the more talented soul influenced singers who have chosen not to go the "Look at me I'm addict" route to stardom.
T.Rex

TheDirector217

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 11:52:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  Seriously, why do people care at this point... Is there going to be some AMAZING comeback?  It's time to let Amy fade into the sunset and focus on the more talented soul influenced singers who have chosen not to go the "Look at me I'm addict" route to stardom.
Kosmo.  Fam.  Just a thought. Work with me here.

Did it ever occur that Amy just really likes drugs?

I don't think her whole "drug" thing is a schtick, per se.  She's probably just a lil' fucked up in the head & enjoys being high.  I personally don't advocate the use of heroin, cocaine, & such but who am I to judge???  Life's really fuckin' hard, man.  If you wanna get high, so long as you aren't bothering/harming anyone else - shit, do you.  

I think her "issues", chemical & otherwise, are tied into that cat she married.  But that's just observation from the outside looking in.  There seems to a backlash (on this board anyway) of sorts suggesting Amy blew up off of a "drug angle".  I know the single was "Rehab", but album as a whole got way more attention than that single.  I just think she may have some issues & enjoys getting fucked up.

Remember, life's hard.

You're a nice guy Kosmo.  Cut her a break.    ;)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 12:06:00 pm »
I'll admit that my statement was a bit harsh and maybe it's due in part for the need of tabloids today to stay in business, but plenty of people have been able to "enjoy" drugs without it coming off as a career movement.  Junkie chic, thanks to Pete Doherty(?), became a bit of a career choice, as a way to nab attention to one's band.
T.Rex

TheDirector217

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  I'll admit that my statement was a bit harsh and maybe it's due in part for the need of tabloids today to stay in business, but plenty of people have been able to "enjoy" drugs without it coming off as a career movement.  Junkie chic, thanks to Pete Doherty(?), became a bit of a career choice, as a way to nab attention to one's band.
That I agree with.  Amy's music warrants that though.  Her album(s) will still be getting some burn even 5 years from now.  They're solid pieces of work.

On the other hand, I've heard some Libertines material.  Not so much.

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 12:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:

But it's gotten to the point where it's effecting her music (tours being cancelled, visa's being denied) so I think it's all right for a fan (like Kosmo, for example) to say you know what?  I'm over it, let's just move on.  She has shown that she likes drugs over her career (and perhaps her fans) so it's fine for fan backlash.
27>34

TheDirector217

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

But it's gotten to the point where it's effecting her music (tours being cancelled, visa's being denied) so I think it's all right for a fan (like Kosmo, for example) to say you know what?  I'm over it, let's just move on.  She has shown that she likes drugs over her career (and perhaps her fans) so it's fine for fan backlash. [/b]
True.  I feel you on that.  I just think she has issues.  Serious ones, that just manifest themselves in the forms of needles & mirrors/dollar bills & such.  She could use some help, but scorn is warranted as well as compassion/worry.  Or you could flat out just not give a fuck.  Any reaction as a result of her recent behavior is warranted.

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 12:23:00 pm »
yawn

bearman🐻

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 01:00:00 pm »
I'm with Kosmo. Let the bitch OD so we can talk about more worthy musicians. She's fucking trash.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 01:21:00 pm »
This just makes my Halloween costume that much more awesome.
nothx