Author Topic: Ryan Adams box set  (Read 1087 times)

Sage 703

Ryan Adams box set
« on: October 19, 2007, 02:34:00 pm »
has this been discussed on here?  i'm excited for it.  and is this the first time a box set has been comprised of unreleased albums?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/06/15/smoking-section-ryan-adams-alicia-keys-the-mars-volta-and-more/

??I??ve done this solo thing for quite a long time,? Ryan Adams tells the Smoking Section, after a few cigarettes. ??I??ve never found my footing with it.? Adams wanted to release the wonderful new disc Easy Tiger as a Cardinals record, without his name on the cover. His label, Lost Highway, shot him down, so it??s Ryan Adams and the Cardinals. But as Adams morphs from a solo star into a Cardinal, he??ll release a massive box set this winter, full of never-before-heard albums. Here??s a taste. 48 Hours: This album was bootlegged and traded, but never in the completed version. The Suicide Handbook: Made before Gold, this surfaced as an acoustic bootleg, but, Adams says, ??Nobody has heard the strings, the bass or [drummer] Brad Pemberton ?? it??s a heavy record.? Darkbreaker: ??A fucking dark record. It??s creepy ?? I was really depressed.?  Black Hole: ??I was on a lot of narcotics when I wrote it. It sounds like the Strokes, but if they sucked.? Add to those a couple of rarities discs (tentatively titled Let It B-Minus and Demolicious) and, says Adams, ??It??s still not everything we have.?

Brian_Wallace

Re: Ryan Adams box set
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
  Black Hole: ??I was on a lot of narcotics when I wrote it. It sounds like the Strokes, but if they sucked.?
I love that back-handed compliment regarding, Casablancas, et al and their "habits."  Speaking of which, will his cover album of "Is This It?" be included?  I hope so, but I doubt it.

Brian