Author Topic: The Bravery  (Read 968 times)

Arthwys

The Bravery
« on: November 10, 2004, 10:42:00 pm »
Was wondering if anyone else has been checking out this band.  I really wanted to catch them at Iceland Airwaves, but they were playing same time as the stills and the shins but at a different venue.  The four songs i've heard are great, it's not new wave, not garage, but exactly in the middle of the two.
Emrys

Rknrldr

Re: The Bravery
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 10:10:00 am »
Island just signed this band. you might be able to check their tour at islandrecords.com

Bartelby

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 01:20:00 pm »
I caught them at Fletcher's in Balt. in August - they opened for Ambulance Ltd.  They were really GREAT - it was one of their first appearances with the whole band, and no one who heard them could believe how good they were without a long "history" together.  The lead singer - Sam, I think - writes a lot of their stuff.  His lyrics are beautiful - and timely - and they put on a really energetic show! (PS They are really nice guys too - and seem to get a charge out of hanging out with the audience after their shows.)

Medusa

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 05:05:00 pm »
I saw The Bravery written up in Rolling Stone magazine (of all places)  ;)  a few issues back, as a new band to watch.

I've since looked for their CD at Tower Records, but no such luck yet.

I'm interested in discovering what they're all about.

Cheers

DJ Medusa.