Author Topic: Suede ( not the local lesbian incarnation)  (Read 1571 times)

Shiverintheshadows

Suede ( not the local lesbian incarnation)
« on: November 06, 2003, 05:12:00 pm »
Unfortunately, I guess this ensures that will never get to see them in the States again.
 http://www.nme.com/news/106668.htm

markie

Re: Suede ( not the local lesbian incarnation)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 05:16:00 pm »
Thank god.

do you really think it was worth them going on after Bernard Butler left? They slowly drifted into irrelevancy after that.

poorlulu

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 05:18:00 pm »
wow that is bad news..........

i guess i have to add them to my list of bands i wished i'd seen  :(

markie

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 05:21:00 pm »
I saw them twice.....

the first show I wrote about as my best show anywhere....

The second show was a major letdown. Brett got really pissy with the crowd, and Bernard. It was only a few months later that Bernard left.

Shiverintheshadows

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 05:30:00 pm »
I saw the first tour in New Orleans (with Bernard) and it was phenomenal.  The only other full tour they did in the States was for Dog Man Star and I unfortunately missed that show at Lisner.  They pretty much have neglected the US ever since.  I have liked the post-Bernard albums with the exception of the last one.  But I think that that had more to do with Brett not shooting heroin anymore than anything else.

BlueEyedAndDangerous

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 01:30:00 pm »
I am sorry they split, but some Brett solo stuff could be good (in an unchecked-ego sort of way).

Bernard's solo stuff is great!

Samantha

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2003, 01:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by poorlulu:
  wow that is bad news..........

i guess i have to add them to my list of bands i wished i'd seen   :(  
same here

ggw

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 12:49:00 pm »
The Butler to Do It! Produce, New Libertines' Album, That Is!

According to former Suede guitarist Bernard Butler, former Suede guitarist Bernard Butler is going to be producing the nest Libertines album. It will be their second album and the follow-up to their 2002 debut, Up the Brackets.

Butler, who is also currently working on a new collaboration with David McAlmont under the moniker Almont and Butler, has worked with the band before, producing the track "What a Waster" off their debut and their last single "Don't Look Back into the Sun."

The band and Butler now are just waiting for frontman Carl Barat to regain his 20/20 vision. See, he accidentially cracked his head on a sink following a long bath -- oh, and consumption of an entire bottle of whiskey. Kids, please, heed this advice, don't take baths.

posted by the stranger
Proper Netiquette Linkage

mankie

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2003, 01:10:00 pm »
Add Suede to Blur and Radiohead and you get my top three over-rated Brit bands in my opinion.

Not hateful but not what they're cracked up to be.

markie

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2003, 01:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Add Suede to Blur and Radiohead and you get my top three over-rated Brit bands in my opinion.

All three of those bands have nade at least one great epoch making album each. Are you getting ready for your role as the grinch of thanksgiving?

(Shit I defended Radiohead)

mankie

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2003, 02:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:

All three of those bands have nade at least one great epoch making album each. Are you getting ready for your role as the grinch of thanksgiving?

(Shit I defended Radiohead) [/b]
So you concede all three were good for one album each...and with that ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

I'm not being a grinch...I said they're not hateful...just not up to the hype as far as I'm concerned.

markie

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2003, 03:35:00 pm »
Read again.....

]All three of those bands have nade AT LEAST  one great epoch making album each.

So you concede all three were good for one album each...and with that ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Actually radiohead and suede have 2 great albums each. I really only think of blur having one.