Author Topic: shows at ram's head  (Read 1639 times)

lily1

shows at ram's head
« on: November 07, 2003, 12:15:00 am »
at jag's suggestion, i think i'll try to catch the waterboys at ram's head (assuming a friend can ferry me there and back) on 12/3 so i can catch ryan adams on 12/7.

has anyone been there before? is it like the birchmere or is it more like iota? size? chairs or standing?

Sir HC

Re: shows at ram's head
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 09:37:00 am »
It is a restaurant with tables and assigned seating.  Saw John Cale there last year.  Good sound, all seats have a decent view of the stage.  Think it can hold about 300, but not positive.  Never been to the birchmere or Iota so I can not compare it to them.

There is also a real restaurant attached to it, and I think they brew their own beer there.

lily1

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 09:49:00 am »
yowza! tickets for waterboys there are $33.50 plus the ticketwanker fees.

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 10:29:00 am »
Ticketes there are always expensive.

Make sure to check the seating chart, there's some tables tucked back on the sides that I wouldn't want to sit in when paying the money they always ask for tix.

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 12:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by lily1:

has anyone been there before? size? chairs or standing?
All chairs and tables, absolutely no talking, microbrews with service to the table.

Good sound, small venue, but really quiet in the crowd.  It will be interesting to see how quiet fans of the waterboys can be.
27>34

lily1

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 12:42:00 pm »
its an acoustic show, just mike scott, the pianist and the fiddler. should be very cool.

though $41 for tickets after being anally raped by service charges pisses me off.

i'm looking forward to it.

is the food in the actual restaruant any decent or should we eat someplace else in annapolis? i hardly know the area as i've only been there twice for about 2 hours total, sadly.

hey smackie, just a week before they call out the national guard for your return to dc!  :D

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2003, 12:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by lily1:
  is the food in the actual restaruant any decent or should we eat someplace else in annapolis?  
The restaurant food is good and there is a limited menu (I believe) at the show

edbert

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 01:34:00 pm »
yeah they won't let you order from the restaurant menu if you're in the concert room- you can only order from the little bar food menu with jacked-up prices.  the other thing i don't like is they make you pay the ticketbastards service charge even when you buy at the door,  like the stinking birchmere does

lily1

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 01:38:00 pm »
really? bastards!

Originally posted by edbert:
  the other thing i don't like is they make you pay the ticketbastards service charge even when you buy at the door,  like the stinking birchmere does

edbert

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 01:44:00 pm »
unless they've changed policies- actually i haven't been to either place in a year or two

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 01:46:00 pm »
Yes, but the Birchmere charge is only a buck a ticket. quit your friggin whining!

Originally posted by edbert:
  yeah they won't let you order from the restaurant menu if you're in the concert room- you can only order from the little bar food menu with jacked-up prices.  the other thing i don't like is they make you pay the ticketbastards service charge even when you buy at the door,  like the stinking birchmere does

mankie

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2003, 01:54:00 pm »
I can't imagine anywhere being any worse than the Shushmere for that kind of venue.

I would've gladly paid the $41 for Mike Scott, but my wife made me be a grown up about it seeing as we just shelled out a truck load 'o' cash for Bowie. $41 is just the start, then there's dinner, a couple of beers and it's up there isn't it?....and so close to crimbo too!
   :(

edbert

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2003, 01:58:00 pm »
I remembered it being $2 at the Birchmere,and their site faqs sez: "At the Birchmere Box Office, we have a $2 service charge per ticket. This charge is for our Box Office Staff, Parking, & Security. "We want you here, happy & safe!"

stu47

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2003, 09:22:00 pm »
ramshead does their own tickets now, with the ticketbastard service charges still in place...8 dollars for the waterboys, with no shipping involved....bs

I've seen a bunch of shows there (last one was Tim Easton in April), crowd is kind of subdued, if you get seats anywhere near the stage the view is very good.....not a bad venue, just too damn expensive for most shows....

though I did bite the bullet and am going to the waterboys show...right next to the stage as well..