Author Topic: BRMC roll call  (Read 3129 times)

Medusa

Re: BRMC roll call
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 01:54:00 am »
Wow, what a FANTASTIC show!  2 hours long!  And I heard all of the songs I wanted to!

And I think Black Rebel Motorcycle Club just keep getting better and better.

Did anyone keep a setlist?  If so, please post it here.

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 02:30:00 am »
The NPR crew was here tonight which usually means they will have the show at npr.org under "All Songs Considered".  I think they post a setlist there.

cernoch79

• Cernoch Design
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 10:39:00 am »
The show was great!  Always good to see a packed house come out for BRMC.

Thanks to all that bought a poster last night, they were all sold out by the end of the night.

If anyone didn't get a poster last night, I have a few availible here:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club Poster

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 11:17:00 am »
finally saw the band that at one point i was doomed never to see live and thought they were great (hurricane's, lollapalooza cancelled, general malaise,) not many bands can easily move back and forth between thier early love and rockets sound and   new electric folk leaning direction.  have a deeper appreciation for the new record as well have hearing it done live.... didn't catch ECC and didn't get settled until mid way through Elefant who a nice groove/swag at times but not much more...
T.Rex

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 12:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by eddie:
  The NPR crew was here tonight which usually means they will have the show at npr.org under "All Songs Considered".  I think they post a setlist there.
Here's the link to the broadcast. (Text note: I thought Robert's last name is Turner?)

It was an incredible show. Maybe the best I've ever seen them. Peter is really coming into his own. Two solid hours of some of the tightest playing I've heard in a while.

Oh and I snagged one of the posters, cernoch!

cernoch79

• Cernoch Design
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 11:33:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

Originally posted by eddie:
Here's the link to the broadcast. (Text note: I thought Robert's last name is Turner?)

It was an incredible show. Maybe the best I've ever seen them. Peter is really coming into his own. Two solid hours of some of the tightest playing I've heard in a while.

Oh and I snagged one of the posters, cernoch! [/b]
Cool, I think everyone liked them...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 01:10:00 pm »
So did anyone get one the CD being passed out by local bands after the show Cedars style?  I got two CDs. One from  Middle Distant Runner who are playing Iota this weekend, and who present an enjoyable indie pop sound with a bit of a beat.  Reminds me a bit of Dogs Die in Hot Cars without the strident vocals.  Will probably include a track from it at one of the March shows I'm DJing at.

The other one is... well lets just say it made very little impact on me except for the need to mock it on my   blog. Graphical evidence of how not to promote one's band.
T.Rex