Author Topic: U-turn  (Read 2480 times)

Bags

U-turn
« on: November 10, 2003, 03:47:00 pm »
I'm sure this question's been asked before, and someone here will be sure to tell me, but does anyone know about U-turn?  I see flyers occasionally, and it's at 11th and U.  Seems like a prime location for another night spot.  Wondering what the word is.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
Re: U-turn
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 03:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  I'm sure this question's been asked before, and someone here will be sure to tell me, but does anyone know about U-turn?  I see flyers occasionally, and it's at 11th and U.  Seems like a prime location for another night spot.  Wondering what the word is.
It's tiny. Although they are expanding downstairs. BOUND was there for awhile as was Burn (which featured a bunch of bands during the day on Sat)  I think Blackout is still going on there on Thursday nights for hardcore/punk shows.

It'll probably hold about 100 people in there comfortably.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

Samantha

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 04:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by MindCage:

Originally posted by Bagster:
It's tiny. Although they are expanding downstairs. BOUND was there for awhile as was Burn (which featured a bunch of bands during the day on Sat)  I think Blackout is still going on there on Thursday nights for hardcore/punk shows.

It'll probably hold about 100 people in there comfortably.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions [/b]
that sounds like my kinda place!  have you been there?  how strict are they with carding?

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 05:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  that sounds like my kinda place!  have you been there?  how strict are they with carding?
Yeah I've been countless times. Did some guest DJing spots there for BOUND and have seen and booked a few bands over there.

Depending on the event, they may or may not card you. I know the BURN event is no more, but that was all ages.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

Samantha

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 05:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by MindCage:

Originally posted by Samantha:
Yeah I've been countless times. Did some guest DJing spots there for BOUND and have seen and booked a few bands over there.

Depending on the event, they may or may not card you. I know the BURN event is no more, but that was all ages.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions [/b]
what happened to it?  they need more all ages things in the area, that really sucks.

flawd101

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 05:53:00 pm »
yes they need many more all age things....
 cant wait for summer....STERLING RURITAN!!!!

BlueEyedAndDangerous

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 05:59:00 pm »
U-Turn gives renew meaning to the word "dive".

paige

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 06:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by BlueEyedAndDangerous:
oh god yes, that place is so gross.

Dandy01

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 06:10:00 pm »
I guess the size of the place is relative since it seemed roomy to me when I was there for the Stripped night on Fridays - when it was practically empty.  It kind of reminded me of the old Metro layout with dance floor, small stage facing it, and visuals in the background.

Samantha

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 06:12:00 pm »
flawd is what's wrong with all aged events  :roll:

walkman

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 06:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by I Heart Walkie:

Originally posted by BlueEyedAndDangerous:
oh god yes, that place is so gross. [/b]
yup.  I've seen a couple of friends' bands there...that's about it.  usually a good quantity of puke in the bathroom.

flawd101

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2003, 07:03:00 pm »
i always go to shows alone and am shy and to myself.....its only online i'm a little annoying fuck up.