Author Topic: Crooked Beat/Warehouse Tix?  (Read 1340 times)

Captain Jack

Crooked Beat/Warehouse Tix?
« on: November 19, 2004, 02:19:00 am »
I remember when Crooked Beat opened, there was idealist talk of setting up advance ticket sales for Warehouse Nextdoor shows. Is this for real? Has anyone done this or is this enough false hope like when middle school class presidents promise soda fountains and golden pools on the roof?

jkeisenh

Re: Crooked Beat/Warehouse Tix?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 10:24:00 am »
Honestly, I've *never* had trouble getting into Warehouse... and my understanding is that they don't really sell tickets-- it's more of a cover charge setup.  

Even when the Evens played there early this summer, folks just lined up.  I was in, no problem!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 10:41:00 am »
i was a little stressed about getting into enon during the summer, but we just got there superearly. the long wait outside was ok once toko translated my flaming lips tshirt
o/\o

bellenseb

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 12:40:00 pm »
So what do y'all think of Crooked Beat otherwise?
 It's shaping up to be a pretty good store, with a nice local music section set up in front, more stock coming in, and a good vibe.

My little peeve is that the new arrival CDs are set up behind the counter, and you can't always tell what they are without asking (little signs for each artist name, a la Spaceboy in Philly, would help).