Author Topic: Siouxsie  (Read 924 times)

ljb

Siouxsie
« on: September 10, 2004, 09:52:00 am »
In one word...

"awesome."

Bags

Re: Siouxsie
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 10:08:00 am »
Well, I won't go with awesome, though I could see it for some.  [Siouxsie is awesome, I didn't think the show last night was awesome.]  

I'm almost entirely a Banshees fan, and while the show was pretty great, I really was disappointed to hear so few Banshee songs.  Also, did anyone else think she totally lost it during "Kiss Them For Me" -- something was off tune, or something was going on.  Luckily it's a crappy song (relative to the full catalogue), so didn't detract much from the show.

I admit to tearing up when she came out and started singing the first song.  She's so amazing, love her.  And she looks fantastic.  The really heavy emphasis on the drums was totally cool, and I enjoyed that stripped down approach.  An hour and a half -- good stuff.  Still, I left a tad disappointed.

Here is the setlist:
 1. Say Yes
 2. Around the World
 3. Seven Tears
 4. Godzilla (Tokyo Fist Mix)
 5. Standing There
 6. Miss the Girl
 7. Shooting Sun
 8. Dear Prudence
 9. Kiss Them For Me
 10. Another Planet
 11. Prettiest Thing
 12. 2nd Floor
 13. Take Mine
 14. Pinned Down
 15. Happy House
 16. Not Forgotten
 Encore:
 17. But Not Them (Siouxsie & Budgie duo)
 18. Right Now

Pariskelly

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 10:15:00 am »
I would rate the show maybe a 7? This was the 3rd time I have seen Siouxsie, and I was a little disappointed. I thought Budgie was great, Siouxsie looked fab, but I wanted more Banshees tunes! Yes, Kiss Them For Me was horrible. I don't know if she couldn't hear the band or what, but she was WAY off-key and a little behind, I think. How old is Siouxsie now? Late 40's? She just really looks wonderful. And do she and Budgie have kids or not? Anywho, the show was ok.

thirsty moore

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 10:16:00 am »
I liked that Creatures song 2nd Floor when their album came out.  Why no Hong Kong Garden?

Saw Siouxsie once with John Cale, not a bad show.

Bags

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 10:19:00 am »
Originally posted by econo:
  I liked that Creatures song 2nd Floor when their album came out.  Why no Hong Kong Garden?

Saw Siouxsie once with John Cale, not a bad show.
I like the Creatures, but have not listened to them much -- not enough to really know the songs.  Whereas the Banshees songs are part of my history....

I thought Prettiest Thing and 2nd Floor were the show highlights, actually.

filthypit

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 02:21:00 pm »
sorry i missed the show... but we got tickets for the 9.23 show @ h.o.b. on sunset strip.  r/t plane tix are so cheap we decided to hoof it on out to tinsel-town and party w/ johnny depp and the rest of the hollywood queers (no disrespect to homosexuals)...

plus, the last show we did in DC, we had to knife-fight our way back out of town

lily1

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 07:54:00 pm »
i hope i age as well as her. she does look fantastic. last time i saw her she has this most fabulous suit on.