Author Topic: Tony Blair Loves The Darkness  (Read 1463 times)

Venerable Bede

Tony Blair Loves The Darkness
« on: November 14, 2003, 11:56:00 am »
Tony Blair Says He's a Fan of Rockers the Darkness
 Fri Nov 14, 6:33 AM ET  Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - In between running Britain and shooting the breeze with President Bush (news - web sites), Prime Minister Tony Blair (news - web sites) still finds time for a spot of head-banging and air guitar.

Blair has revealed himself as a fan of chart-toppers The Darkness, the British glam heavy metallers renowned for their big hair and skin-tight catsuits, according to British newspapers Friday.

The Independent said Blair told schoolchildren that when he dips into the music collections of his teenage offspring he heads straight for Darkness CDs.

The Darkness, fronted by lead singer Justin Hawkins who sports a flame tattoo rising out of his crotch, have an enthusiastic fan base who gyrate wildly at their concerts.

The prime minister's current dress style of dark suits and conservative ties may seem at odds with The Darkness' penchant for ostrich leather cowboy boots and metallic pink or silver leather catsuits but Blair was not always a politician.

As a long-haired university student in the 1970s he played guitar in a band called Ugly Rumors, and no doubt was a wearer of flared trousers, Cuban heels and cheesecloth shirts -- the de rigueur uniform of his generation.

The Darkness were not immediately available to comment on whether they welcomed Blair's endorsement.
OU812

poorlulu

Re: Tony Blair Loves The Darkness
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 12:28:00 pm »
it doesn't surprise me .............he certainly is the bastion of good taste...........

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 12:37:00 pm »
I thought he loved Christ more than he loved the Darkness.

G.Love

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 02:33:00 pm »
I thought he loved BUsh more than Jesus, or are they one in the same?

Jaguär

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 02:38:00 pm »
Knowing politicians, he probably doesn't really like them, or even know what they sound like, but said that because he's heard of them and want's to sound 'cool' and up-to-date with the younger crowd. Public relations when he knows so many younger people are against him now.

Next we'll hear that Bush is a Blink 182 fan.    :D

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 04:21:00 pm »
Tony Blair makes another bad decision...