Author Topic: Happy Inauguration Day !  (Read 20219 times)

ratioci nation

Re: Happy Inauguration Day !
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2005, 04:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  no, i didn't go, but how about this from the washpost ... it looks like this crowd came down columbia from the show ... but if i remember right, the show started at like 6pm ... i heard all this commotion from my house off of columbia at 11:30pm or so ....

" The biggest disruption apparently occurred late last night, far from the center of inaugural action, in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Northwest Washington. Shortly before midnight, police clad in riot gear arrested 65 people they described as anarchists for allegedly parading without a permit after the encircled A symbol of the anarchist movement was spray-painted on buildings.

Inspector Diane Groomes of the 3rd Police District, who was on the scene early today, said members of the group also broke out the windows of some restaurants and at least one bank in the 1700 and 1800 blocks of Columbia Road, a popular strip of restaurants and clubs.

At least one officer was injured in last night's confrontation in Adams Morgan, said Cmdr. Cathy Lanier, head of the police department's special operations division. The officer was transported to the hospital, but no further details were immediately available.

Protesters said members of the group had walked to the commercial strip after attending a benefit concert at a nearby church. Demonstrators said the police did not warn members of the group before arresting them.

"The police never told anyone to disperse," said Ginny Leavell, 21, who said she had marched with the group. "It was festive, but they didn't get very far before the police showed up.''

Along Columbia Road, several buildings had been sprayed with red paint, and the front door of a Riggs Bank branch had been shattered."
so thats why the helicopter was over my building while i was trying to sleep, i live on the 1800 block of columbia and didnt hear the crowd

smakawhat

Re: Happy Inauguration Day !
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2005, 04:41:00 pm »
Repuke or Demowhatever - you win a second term get your ass to work, no parties no waste of my money get BACK TO WORK.

Or in this case go back and start fixing (screwing up) everything you did in your first term.