Author Topic: I went to i fought the big one tonight.  (Read 1415 times)

thirsty moore

I went to i fought the big one tonight.
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:58:00 pm »
Pretty tight.  I thought one of the songs was Tuxedo Moon.  It wasn't.  Either way, good stuff.

HoyaSaxa03

Re: I went to i fought the big one tonight.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:48:00 am »
me too, good times were had by all
(o|o)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 12:34:00 pm »
Somehow I always miss this, even though I'm a 7 minute walk away.   Must remember to go.
_\|/_

Ricky0710

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »
Cool to hear some positive feedback. Thanks guys! Btw, it's "We" and not "I" Fought the Big One. Remember it's a team effort.  ;)

Have you streamed or downloaded our latest mix cd yet? Seriously, this is a desert island disc for me. It contains so many fantastic old-school post-punk/diy/new wave singles that a lot of music fans haven't heard. Many of them fired up the independent charts in the late 70s/early 80s in the U.K., France or elsewhere, but of course, to most Americans this is simply obscure music where they see a bunch of band names and song titles they don't recognize (well, except for maybe Brian Eno---but how many of you have heard the mighty "King's Lead Hat"?).

The folks at BYT were kind enough to post it on their site. They even have a built-in media player. All you need are speakers on your computer to hear this thing. Check it out...

http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/downloads/download-we-fought-the-big-one-mixtape/