Author Topic: Cartel premiere on WOXY.com today at 3:30EST  (Read 3950 times)

Bombay Chutney

Re: Cartel premiere on WOXY.com today at 3:30EST
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 02:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:
  For those of you who've asked about our 7"...it's coming out in the UK on April 11...however, there is a slight chance we may have some copies by our 3/12 gig at Iota
Can we buy it through your website?

Fico

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 03:04:00 pm »
I'm still not sure..maybe they won't be sold directly through us, but through Bracken Records www.brackenrecords.com

It is a limited print of 500 copies, a bunch of them will go to "tastemakers" as they say in the UK..the rest will be sold at selected stores in the UK. We may get some very limited copies for sale here in the US...I'll most likely let you guys know through here or you can always check our website for the latest news...

thanks for listening  :p

ggw

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 03:29:00 pm »
 It is a limited print of 500 copies, a bunch of them will go to "tastemakers" as they say in the UK.
It is a well-documented fact that the members of this Forum are the preeminent makers of taste for the National Capital area.

In addition to recent mentions in the Post, the cutting-edge DC bloggers are even giving us "props."

When can we expect our promo copies of your new vinyl?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
yeah have you not heard of "What's Up 7-inch?" my other DJ night?
T.Rex

Fico

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005, 03:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

It is a limited print of 500 copies, a bunch of them will go to "tastemakers" as they say in the UK.
It is a well-documented fact that the members of this Forum are the preeminent makers of taste for the National Capital area.

In addition to recent mentions in the Post, the cutting-edge DC bloggers are even giving us "props."

When can we expect our promo copies of your new vinyl? [/b]
I was actually hoping that you being the Fortune 500 board member you'd start your own label and put some money behind us...Lulu could be our tour manager and Ginger our bodyguard/driver...Markie is of course the street-teamer...so how about it?? we could be tax deductable...

ggw

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
 I was actually hoping that you being the Fortune 500 board member you'd start your own label and put some money behind us...Lulu could be our tour manager and Ginger our bodyguard/driver...Markie is of course the street-teamer...so how about it?? we could be tax deductable...
Tax deductible because we'd be losing so much money?

Fico

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2005, 03:58:00 pm »
Forget the money!!! it's about making "McEnroe Records" respectable!!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2005, 03:59:00 pm »
if you do have lulu as tour manager, make sure that lots of beer is mentioned in the rider, else the takings may vaporate each night...
T.Rex

Fico

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2005, 04:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  if you do have lulu as tour manager, make sure that lots of beer is mentioned in the rider, else the takings may vaporate each night...
Kosmo, there's always space in the van for a DJ/FOH..I know Kosmette may object but with Lulu taking care of all of us she should be fine with it...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 10:32:00 am »
i'll tell you what i don't get a lot of hits on my blog, but several of them are for google searches on cartel and fleets.
T.Rex

Fico

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 11:16:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  i'll tell you what i don't get a lot of hits on my blog, but several of them are for google searches on cartel and fleets.
:p  we finally made it to #4 on Google when you type Cartel..

btw, anyone ever been to the Delancey in NYC?? we are playing there Saturday..the pictures of the place look pretty nice and so far their staff has been extremely nice to us...

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2005, 01:07:00 pm »
  I'm still not sure..maybe they won't be sold directly through us, but through Bracken Records www.brackenrecords.com

It is a limited print of 500 copies, a bunch of them will go to "tastemakers" as they say in the UK..the rest will be sold at selected stores in the UK. We may get some very limited copies for sale here in the US...I'll most likely let you guys know through here or you can always check our website for the latest news...

thanks for listening   :p  
FYI - The website is already showing it for sale.

Fico

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005, 01:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

thanks for listening    :p  
FYI - The website is already showing it for sale. [/b]
Go figure...I didn't know about it myself...but that's cool..I'll get some for my friends back home..