Author Topic: mid week roll call  (Read 3980 times)

hoitel

• hello. world.
Re: mid week roll call
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 05:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by TheDirector217:
 2 nights of Rage/Wu-Tang in NYC next week, I'm about to be hurting.
wow, have a great time - i'm jealous over here.  i imagine that saturday might be a tad crazier than sunday.  i'm curious about what kind of a crowd shows up for this...  and be careful how far forward you make it before rage goes on.  front and middle of of pit is where the amped up meatheads meet for their high-impact mating rituals.  kinda hard to enjoy the show when you're in the middle of a human tornado, trying to figure out where the next unfriendly elbow will come from.
Trying to get a ticket to one of these NYC Rock the Bells shows too. I remember catching Rage with STP that one year at HFStival (the last good one of those). Unreal show. I definitely agree about the tornado however. Though fun, I always feel for the person not paying attention as the pit develop...

My plan:

today: Souls of Mischief @ Black Cat (!)
 wednesday: Breakage @ Five
 friday: Moneytown DJs @ RnR Hotel (good funk sets)
 saturday: P.O.T.D. @ 9:30 or Mirah & Laura Veirs @ Black Cat (leaning towards the latter)

"w00t"!

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 05:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by hoitel:
 Trying to get a ticket to one of these NYC Rock the Bells shows too. I remember catching Rage with STP that one year at HFStival (the last good one of those). Unreal show. I definitely agree about the tornado however. Though fun, I always feel for the person not paying attention as the pit develop...

My plan:

today: Souls of Mischief @ Black Cat (!)
 wednesday: Breakage @ Five
 friday: Moneytown DJs @ RnR Hotel (good funk sets)
 saturday: P.O.T.D. @ 9:30 or Mirah & Laura Veirs @ Black Cat (leaning towards the latter)

"w00t"!
not sure if rock the bells is sold out, but if so - theres lots of tickets on craigslist up here (NYC).
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 07:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  not sure if rock the bells is sold out, but if so - theres lots of tickets on craigslist up here (NYC).
nope, i just checked and was able to pull up a single for both the saturday and the sunday show.  but i'd check CL first, might be able to get a cheaper one there.
<sig>

Chip Chanko

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »
Very excited.

Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  Besnard Lakes tomorrow!

azaghal1981

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »
Gonna have to skip Besnard Lakes because I was just asked to come into work tomorrow.  :(

Would appreciate a review from one of you.

This means I'll have to get to battles saturday.
احمد

hoitel

• hello. world.
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 05:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by xneverwherex:
nope, i just checked and was able to pull up a single for both the saturday and the sunday show.  but i'd check CL first, might be able to get a cheaper one there. [/b]
really? wth. thanks for the update (I could be losing it, but really remember tickets being sold out at one point...)

Chip Chanko

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 08:26:00 am »
Besnard Lakes were great. I think they'd benefit from playing a larger space where their sound could expand more. 3 guitars, one with 12 or 13 effects pedals. I enjoyed everything but the overuse of the smoke machine (doesn't work so well in a room that small). Hopefully they're back soon and popular enough for the main stage.

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Gonna have to skip Besnard Lakes because I was just asked to come into work tomorrow.   :(  

Would appreciate a review from one of you.

This means I'll have to get to battles saturday.

hijinksandsue

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 02:04:00 pm »
Aimee Mann at the Birchmere Friday (for dinner, then leaving before the show).