Author Topic: New Ticketmaster captcha system?  (Read 4430 times)

hutch

New Ticketmaster captcha system?
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:45:54 pm »
Anyone else notice this? Its now pretty hard to tell what the words are and it seems like its one word and one two digit number or something.. Its definitely different...

I think the first time we noticed this was for the Virgin Freefest on sale a few weeks back

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: New Ticketmaster captcha system?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 12:50:19 pm »
virginfest onsale wasn't through ticketmaster.  d'oh.
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 12:50:58 pm »
it's inevitable that this thread gets jacked within the next 24 hours, so i'll go ahead and get it out of the way for everyone:

blah blah blah ticketmaster sux support other services stupid fees i hate corporations.

Mark_Read

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:51:36 pm »
When they started the word/number, you didn't need to type in the number. Now you need the number and the word is almost illegible.

Yada

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:55:25 pm »
Anyone else notice this? Its now pretty hard to tell what the words are and it seems like its one word and one two digit number or something.. Its definitely different...

I think the first time we noticed this was for the Virgin Freefest on sale a few weeks back

Just pulled up tickets right now for the boss and the captchas are a fucking mess on tickets.com. They were a disaster for Vfest too.

hutch

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 12:57:21 pm »

Just pulled up tickets right now for the boss and the captchas are a fucking mess on tickets.com. They were a disaster for Vfest too.

Exactly.. all of a sudden they're making it so even if you get in early it is very hard to get it on the first try..

hutch

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 12:59:02 pm »

Well it had the same problem for some reason.. everyone was talking about how the captchas were unreadable and they were.. I only got it right on the second try.

Why are they doing this?

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 01:16:23 pm »
to fuck with the feeble minded

Well it had the same problem for some reason.. everyone was talking about how the captchas were unreadable and they were.. I only got it right on the second try.

Why are they doing this?

hutch

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 01:18:31 pm »
to fuck with the feeble minded

Why are they doing this?

ha! you got me man! you got me good!

I wonder if they want less people to be able to reserve tickets when they go right on sale...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 01:42:37 pm »
because bots have gotten better at reading squiggly letters... so we have make the letter ever squigglier.
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:44 pm »
The capchkas had vasectomies.

atomicfront

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 08:57:19 pm »
Yeah it is impossible to read but I am begining to think ticketmaster is the best of the ticket services.  930 club ticketfly doesn't do print-at home.  Mission tix didn't refund fees when a show got canceled and then when i bought 4 day passes to scape scape i missed the first day because of work and then went to print the tickets from the site on thursday and they weren't there anymore.  Luckily the venue had my information and I was able to get in without paying a second time.

Ticketmaster does allow you to pick your exact seat for a lot of things like orioles tickets.  All the places charge excessive fees and I bet a bunch of that goes to the venue. I wish the price of the ticket was just the price of the ticket.  Charge whatever you want but all the additional fees pisses everyone off.  Just have the venue list the price for 55 bucks if that is what is going to cost me and they can pay the ticketing company.

hutch

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 02:01:34 am »
All the places charge excessive fees and I bet a bunch of that goes to the venue.

You would win that bet because it is a fact and for some shows the Ticketmaster "rebate revenue" as it is sometimes called is the difference between turning a profit or not.. those fees add up..

Sir HC

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 09:44:11 am »
It was pretty hard to do the Ticketmaster one, a friend and I were looking up tickets and had to take a minute to figure out the captcha.  And first time we got it wrong.