Author Topic: the HFStival lives.  (Read 1027 times)

sonickteam2

the HFStival lives.
« on: February 18, 2005, 05:49:00 pm »
someone told me they are definitely having one of these, and its going to be in Baltimore this year.  hopefully Interpol will headline. they NEVER make it to this area. sheesh.

Bombay Chutney

Re: the HFStival lives.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 06:32:00 pm »
Will there be a presale?

ratioci nation

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 06:35:00 pm »
presale code is ElSol

saintangelsin

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 12:15:00 am »
i can see interpol being on the mainstage but i highly doubt they'll headline. even though i love them a lot. and i really do mean that. i don't think they are as big as the cure or the red hot chili peppers or rage against the machine (just name some past headliners...)

i'm very happy that the hfstival is going to be back at m&t bank stadium. i didn't like rfk and i hated fedex feild. i have a feeling this year's festival will be a pretty solid one. i imagine they'll have interpol, muse (because they are doing the mtv invasion tour), my chemical romance, the used (both mcr and the used because of taste of chaos being so damn popular), the offspring (back again because of them being on warped tour this summer), greenday (because well they've had a pretty huge year so far), jimmy eat world (because they are doing very sucessful right now), taking back sunday (because they were so popular at last year's festival) and the foo fighters (because 1. dave growl called in the station and said he'd be more than happy to play and 2. they are supposedly almost done working on their newest album).

if my predictions hold out nicely, i think it's going to be a damn nice festival.

ps- hfstival 2001, i predicted it and got half if not most of my predictions right. i think the case is whatever is popular in the alternative format getting air play is what these promoters try to book.

Jesse

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 01:16:00 am »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  muse (because they are doing the mtv invasion tour)
i didn't know the were touring. is this coming around here?

saintangelsin

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 01:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by jesse:

Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  muse (because they are doing the mtv invasion tour)
i didn't know the were touring. is this coming around here? [/b]
yes it is. i know it's going to be at university of maryland, college park. however, i can't remember the exact weekend in april. i want to say the 23rd, but i could be wrong.

also, jimmy eat world is coming to american university in april with taking back sunday.

reason i know this stuff is because i'm on my university's (frostburg state university)concert commission and we tried to book both tours and both of them fell through unfortunately. right now, i'm in the middle of a bid for the used. *keep fingers crossed that it will work out*