Author Topic: Britain is heartbroken............  (Read 1262 times)

Frank Gallagher

Britain is heartbroken............
« on: November 08, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »
.....NOT

Elvis Costello turns his back on Britain

(Thursday November 08, 2007 01:54 PM)
 LONDON (AFP) - British songwriter Elvis Costello launched a vitriolic attack on his homeland in comments published Thursday, declaring: "I don't care if I ever play England again".

Costello, who lives in New York and is known for edgy 1980s New Wave hits including "Oliver's Army", said that one of his last concerts in Britain, at the 2005 Glastonbury festival, had convinced him not to return.

"I don't care if I ever play England again," he told music magazine Mojo.

"That gig made up my mind I wouldn't come back. I don't get along with it. We lost touch. It's 25 years since I lived there. I don't dig it, they don't dig me."

Costello also hit out at British fans for failing to open their ears to music by older performers.

"British music fans don't have the same attitude to age as they do in America where young people come to check out, say, Willie Nelson," he added.

Costello, 53, is married to jazz singer Diana Krall and performed at US Democrat presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton's 60th birthday last month. He has lived in the United States for 25 years.

*when was the last time anyone gave a fuck what he thought? Even his wife probably doesn't listen to him*

**He's just a fat Sting really**

Relaxer

Re: Britain is heartbroken............
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 02:52:00 pm »
Yeah, just look at that unbelievably hostile crowd.

Elvis at Glastonbury
oword

930clubber

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 06:27:00 pm »
The grass is always greener on the other side.  We get Elvis Costello, they get Madonna.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 06:33:00 pm »
We (Brits) won that one - on a par talentwise but Madonna is waaaaaaay hotter.

930clubber

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 06:37:00 pm »
You also won the contest of nationalistic military themed bands.  You have British Sea Power.  We Americans have??

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 06:45:00 pm »
army of me, Soldiers Of Jah Army, Glenn Miller And His Army Air Force Band and all the COUNTLESS army marching bands, air force bands, marine drill bands, etc etc.

when it comes to militarism, the US is hard to beat.
<sig>

930clubber

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 06:51:00 pm »
We definitely have the lock on militarism and, apparently, also a complete inventory of such themed bands, but none compares wih imagery-in-brevity of BSP...

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 06:58:00 pm »
New Model Army