Author Topic: Anyone tried salvia?  (Read 2474 times)

Anyone tried salvia?
« on: April 13, 2006, 11:39:00 pm »

thirsty moore

Re: Anyone tried salvia?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 11:59:00 pm »
I've been reading on another message board about people trying Salvia.  Because of the serious high, most users were suprised it was even legal.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 09:38:00 am »
Delaware just became the third state to make it illegal.  

That Emerald Essence looks interesting.

Use it or lose it, you had better try salvia soon...before the DEA gets wind.

Smokin' them wildwood flowers got to be a habit
 We didn't see no harm
 We thought it was kind of handy
 Take a trip and never leave the farm

A big ol' puff on the wildwood weed
 Next thing you know
 We's just wandering behind the little animals

joz

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 12:59:00 pm »
it is crazy shit. seriously. i'll never touch it again and i'm apalled that it's legal actually. if i had a teenage son or daughter, there a handful of drugs i'd rather them experiment with before this. so absinthe is illegal, but salvia is legal...shows you how retarded our dea/fda/legal system is.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 04:53:00 pm »
Yeah I forwarded that link to a few friends to see what they thought/knew including one who is a drug "expert" (not in terms of taking them ...he's a writer and one of his beats is drug policy....he also has the craziest collection of drug books both fiction and non fiction you could imagine).  Anyway, he had this to say about it...

"Salvia is intense shit, apparently, and when smoked in full dosage gives the same kind of short-lived, rocket-into-the-void psychedelic trip as DMT â?? except many times as terrifying. Basically instantaneous obliteration of your conscious self/ego followed by a trippy/scary rediscovery/reassembly of reality that unfolds over about 20 minutes or so. A lot of the trip accounts (go to Erowid.com) end with people saying they never, ever want to try this stuff again. I understand it has a less brutal and longer-lasting effect when taken orally, and I see this guy sells a sublingual tincture for that purpose.

Itâ??s still legal in the United States (though not Germany, I believe) and available through a hundred Websites, but probably not for long. For one, no drug not sold by a major corporation can go unbanned in this country. For another, a family in Delaware is blaming mail-order Salvia for their 16-year-old sonâ??s recent suicide and is campaigning for a law. I canâ??t believe the DEA is going to wait long. I included this story in CJC blog about a month back

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060226/NEWS/602260356/1006&template=printpicart

joz

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 05:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chaz, Lover of all Beings:

"Salvia is intense shit, apparently, and when smoked in full dosage gives the same kind of short-lived, rocket-into-the-void psychedelic trip as DMT â?? except many times as terrifying. Basically instantaneous obliteration of your conscious self/ego followed by a trippy/scary rediscovery/reassembly of reality that unfolds over about 20 minutes or so. A lot of the trip accounts (go to Erowid.com) end with people saying they never, ever want to try this stuff again. I understand it has a less brutal and longer-lasting effect when taken orally, and I see this guy sells a sublingual tincture for that purpose.

that pretty much sums it up...although i've never done pcp, i would imagine it to be similar in a sense that a babysitter is absolutely necessary and, for those not in a good place mentally, use of salvia could probably scare the living crap out of you.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 09:51:00 am »
But has anyone tried the sublingual salvia route?  It's said to be transcendentally existential, or something.  The allure of salvia is that it is 100% legal.  Your employer won't fire you if salvia is present in your piss cup.  Zero paranoia!

BTW, we did tons of PCP back in the day.  Maryland was the PCP state!  It was abundant because the vets used it in surgery as anestheia...something to do with the numerous Maryland horse farms.  Anyway, the drug was illegally exported to other states and MD was the PCP "scourge" of the nation for a time.  Everybody we hung out with had done it a few times.  Of course, we would take anything back in those days.  It was the seventies, after all.  As I've stated before, my dad didn't catch me smoking pot.  I caught him.

nayrasher

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 07:49:00 pm »
Yep, I have tried it a few times and have it sitting in a bag in my closet.  Powerful stuff for sure, but not necessarily something that isn't fun to experiment with.

I have tried it alone once or twice, with 1-2 friends a few times.  All the experiences have been great, some scary, some fun, some exciting.

There is no doubt that they drug is extremely powerful and NOT a social drug.  Last time I did it I was alone in my bedroom.  Had a crazy time!  Light seems to take on magical qualities for me.  

I am pretty well informed, or well read, about hallucinogens as I'm writing a lengthy paper on it...but have yet to try all that many.  No LSD yet, and definitely no PCP.  

Anyway, I picked my salvia up at a shop in Ithaca, NY when I was home a few years back.  Worth trying, but do so in a good situation, of course.

Keep a notepad or dictaphone or something nearby when you take it, since there is lots of great mental fireworks going on...my friends and I always make sure to try to capture the experience somehow.  

And...be warned, it works really quickly...like before you can put the bowl down if you are smoking it!  I've also heard from friends it is much, much more powerful out of a water bong...have only smoked it from a marijuana-style pipe.

Enjoy!

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 06:55:00 am »
Kids, make sure you don't light this stuff up at the 930 club!
_\|/_

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 10:53:00 am »
Yeah, use the sublingual tincture.