Author Topic: New Kids' TV Show Set to Rock Nation's Capital  (Read 1223 times)

ggw

New Kids' TV Show Set to Rock Nation's Capital
« on: November 17, 2003, 01:32:00 pm »
Watching Ian MacKaye playing childrens songs makes me feel old.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Washington DC (November 4, 2003) - Pancake Mountain, an exciting new Washington DC television show for children of all ages, will launch as a special pilot promotional webcast on November 15th. The prototype episode (see enclosed DVD) features an array of national and local talent sure to entertain the child and Washingtonian in all of us.

Pancake Mountain assembles an unlikely cast of characters, from punk legend (and new DC resident) Bob Mould to beloved WTOP radio reporter Neal Augenstein. The opening PM theme song is written by BRENDAN CANTY (Fugazi/Rites of Spring) and KATHY WILCOX (Bikini Kill). Former presidential candidate JOHN ANDERSON handles the first reading segment with the classic 'Sunday Morning'.

But Pancake Mountain's main asset is music, music, and more music! The first week's musical guest is very special indeed: IAN MACKAYE (Minor Threat/Fugazi) who with his new - and as of yet never seen or heard - group THE EVENS. MacKaye not only performs but lip-syncs to an amazingly fun and catchy diddy called "Vowel Movements". And City Paper dared to do a cover story saying this guy has ruined DC music by not being fun enough.

Also in episode one, legendary songwriter VIC CHESNUTT (covered by Madonna, Smashing Pumpkins, REM) performs his favorite kids' song, "I've Been Working on the Railroad". WOW - and Washingtonians thought interesting local TV was dead when Captain 20 packed up his gerbil races and left town. But do not fear, local filmmaker and producer SCOTT STUCKEY and Monkey Boy studio have come up with something bizarre, witty and unique to save the day. Boring corporate programming look out!

The PM pilot will be shown on www.pancakemountain.com beginning November 15th.

Bags

Re: New Kids' TV Show Set to Rock Nation's Capital
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 02:41:00 pm »
This sounds very awesome -- I can't get either video to work, though.  They keep configuring.  Oh well.  I signed up for the fan club, so I should find out when episodes air....

Indoctrinate your children early into the joys of Bob Mould!!!   ;)

ggw

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 02:43:00 pm »
It took forever (3-5 minutes) to configure, but it was well worth it.  If not for the "Vowel Movements" song, then for Bob Mould playing a TV programming executive.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 03:32:00 pm »
i was asked a while back if i'd be interested in being involved with a new kid's show, but i never heard any more about it.  i must follow up.  this looks like fun.

Bags

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 05:01:00 pm »
Well, the videos keep timing out while they're configuring, so I can't see 'em.

Jaguär

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 06:22:00 pm »
DC is going to have the coolest kids in the world.    :D

I love broadband! All mine just fired right up and played.